YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU Men Basketball to host in CIT/Coach Calhoun

<< < (3/6) > >>

chezmustache:
     Several posters are correct in their respective analyses.

YSU is Sagarin 221 as of today.  There are 353 Division I teams.  We stand at the 37th percentile.  This is not the ranking of a good team.  An argument can be made it is not the ranking of an average D1 team.  We have one signature win, Wright State.  Losses to Louisiana, Central Michigan, Western Michigan, Cleveland State and Milwaukee (at home) did not help.  Wins versus non D1 teams are worthless in D1 eyes. 

On the other hand, CALHOUN offers hope, over time, that SLOCUM, ROBIC, STROIA, CLEMENS, et al did not.  He has made measurable progress.  He works hard, is likeable, is accessible, and presents a team that reflects those admirable characteristics.  We are going in the right direction.  Can it be sustained?   

As I stated on this board before, something is missing with this edition.  I could not put my finger on it earlier in the season.  However, as the year played out it became apparent one of their shortcomings was the lack of a "go to" player to complement Darius QUISENBERRY when the clock was winding down and a clutch basket was needed.  QUISENBERRY was successful in those situations last year and earlier this season.  As a result, teams prepared for him.  We had no alternative.  It cost us two, maybe three, games.                     

ucfpengbuck:
The Governor says no to indoor events and now the YSU game in the CIT is not having spectators.  Can someone explain to how this effects YSU financially. ?

Double ET:

--- Quote from: ucfpengbuck on March 10, 2020, 07:14:34 PM ---The Governor says no to indoor events and now the YSU game in the CIT is not having spectators.  Can someone explain to how this effects YSU financially. ?

--- End quote ---
I just received notifications from Tressel that the spring break will be extended past next week. Students will not in class (no sure if they will be on campus).

ytownchief22:
Big time situation to monitor. Might not have the tournament at all.

mudclods:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on March 10, 2020, 08:22:52 PM ---Big time situation to monitor. Might not have the tournament at all.

--- End quote ---

The CBI tournament has been cancelled.  As of 1 PM today, the CIT tournament is still on. 

Disappointing YSU finally qualifies for one of these tournaments and rewards the team & fans with a home game, then all this breaks loose. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version