YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU Men Basketball to host in CIT/Coach Calhoun

(1/6) > >>

YSUFANSINCE1990:
 YSU has accepted to play in the CIT post season tournament.  They have also bought the first two games and will host next Wednesday, March 18th and again on the 21st if we win the opener.  It would be great to host a MAC school.

How much longer will Coach Calhoun be at YSU?  With the team in position to be potentially 1st or 2nd the next two years, and if somehow he could get to the NCAA tournament, then I think 2 years at most.   I know he likes it here.  But his goal is a big time job.  In my opinion, he has it all to someday be in the big time.

go guins:
Calhoun was the right guy for us, there is no doubt.  Regarding tenure, I think a Bid Dance bid would be a great way to go out and Huggins is 67 this year.  A couple years, a couple more winning seasons, a couple 20 win seasons and a Big Dance Bid?  Wouldn't that be GREAT!!  I'd feel the same way about him going to WVU as I did about JT going to OSU "THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES!"  (JT's memories were real, we have a way to go for JC yet, but I feel good about the course so far!)  C U Wednesday!

ytownchief22:
Coach loves it here I can tell you that. How long that lasts, I'm not sure but he and the staff really enjoy being here and trying to get this program out of despair.

guinpen:
No dis-respect to coach or the program but I do not think that we are at that point yet. I would love it and be happy for coach if we finish out the year great and kill it the next couple of years. We need the big time programs after our coaches in any sport, that means we are doing things right.

ucfpengbuck:
I love what coach Calhoun has done for the program but his record is 38- 59 in 3 years and a big time program can't sell that to their fan base. Now we all know that those numbers do not show how coach has elevated the program in wins each season and how he came in late and took over a program that has been traditionally one of the worst D1 programs with the exception of a few of Kendrick Perry's seasons.

If coach can get back to back 20 wins(expectations can be delusional) seasons then he'll have a lot of programs asking for interviews.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version