YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

WOW the irony

(1/5) > >>

ysubigred:
Can't believe how the world of YSU sports has become so upside down!?

I believe it's a great thing that Track, Bowling, Baseball, WBB and even MBB (hasn't had an above .500 record since I was in diapers) are doing well. Football the $ sport and YSU's bread and butter has suffered so bad the last 19 years  :-X

Let's hope this is contagious and Football makes a come back!  fb

GoooooooGuins!!

go guins:

--- Quote from: ysubigred on March 05, 2020, 07:59:41 AM ---Can't believe how the world of YSU sports has become so upside down!?

I believe it's a great thing that Track, Bowling, Baseball, WBB and even MBB (hasn't had an above .500 record since I was in diapers) are doing well. Football the $ sport and YSU's bread and butter has suffered so bad the last 19 years  :-X

GoooooooGuins!!

--- End quote ---
"Football the $ sport and YSU's bread and butter has suffered so bad the last 19 years  :-X"  A couple points, Football is BY FAR the most expensive sport for YSU and I would bet it is a money loser NOT maker.  Second, How may teams in 1AA football have a 12 win, National Final appearance while sufferin so badly?"   

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: go guins on March 05, 2020, 08:42:34 AM ---
--- Quote from: ysubigred on March 05, 2020, 07:59:41 AM ---Can't believe how the world of YSU sports has become so upside down!?

GoooooooGuins!!

--- End quote ---
"Football the $ sport and YSU's bread and butter has suffered so bad the last 19 years  :-X"  A couple points, Football is BY FAR the most expensive sport for YSU and I would bet it is a money loser NOT maker.  Second, How may teams in 1AA football have a 12 win, National Final appearance while sufferin so badly?"

--- End quote ---

Ummm ok.

Even the 2016 season was kinda f***ed up with the ticket gate episode and all. Did you go to Frisco in 16?

I had 4 extra tickets my buddy here at Fort Knox (NDSU fan) gave me that I couldn't give away.

I meant this post to be a positive not a normal Youngstown sh** storm.

Carry on.

go guins:

--- Quote from: ysubigred on March 05, 2020, 10:05:22 AM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on March 05, 2020, 08:42:34 AM ---

GoooooooGuins!!

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Ummm ok.

Even the 2016 season was kinda f***ed up with the ticket gate episode and all. Did you go to Frisco in 16?

I had 4 extra tickets my buddy here at Fort Knox (NDSU fan) gave me that I couldn't give away.

I meant this post to be a positive not a normal Youngstown sh** storm.

Carry on.

--- End quote ---
Bought tickets, was on a plane in Akron/Canton and the flight was canceled in the weather.  Later would have been after the game, so the short answer is "no" but we tried!  Ticketgate didn't bother me much. 

I look at Doug Phillips attitude to fans and community vs. Bo and I see nothing but improvement.  I look at "up and coming" effective assistant coaches and I see nothing but improvement.  Bo started with a bunch of tired veterans like Carl and Monty and thought is would all be easy and wasn't.  So he goes with kids with literally NO track record.  Now we have DP and I see somebody trying to build something.  Certainly the last 2 recruiting classes are the best in your 19 years, and we have an enthusiastic staff that has some idea what the are about for a change   And I see NOTHING but improvement on the horizon.  Somebody questions how we are better at QB this year than last.  Good grief, Mays COULDN'T PLAY, and Waid was limited to 4 appearances.  Now we have Mays doing whatever it is he's doing, and a red shirt freshmen with 4 productive outings under his belt and the highest rated recruit maybe in school history, and the question "how are we better" at QB?!?!?!  Sometimes I feel like dropping the blog altogether, and sometimes I feel like starting a go-fund-me to buy these guys tickets so they can watch the damn games!! 
I mean Nate Mays seems like a great kid, and the way the team treated him in his last game says they certainly respected him.  But dispute 1AA's constant prostrations, HE COULD NOT PLAY QB AT THIS LEVEL.  Nothing personal, I couldn't either, and it doesn't make me a bad person. But HE COULDN'T PLAY.  Waid can play, that's obvious and it remains to be seen about Crenshaw but there is real talent to work with.  Doug Phillips isn't a dummy, he wouldn't have walked into an empty cupboard.  He knows Crenshaw needs time and coaching, and he knows the OL is a mess, but he can see the light at the end of a tunnel isn't an on-coming train like most on this blog believe!

YSUFANSINCE1990:
 Go Guins, how is it obvious that Mark Waid can play?  He was redshirted last year, and his only playing time of significance was against Illinois State, we won that game by running the ball and great defense.  His only other offer was Fordham, and that is not exactly a football powerhouse.

Again, I repeat we lost league games by 25, 35, and 39 points.   Look at the teams above of us rosters, all young, except for Illinois State which had a huge senior class.   

South Dakota beat us by 35, and they return 14 starters, they do need to find a QB, and Hero Sports had them with a top ten recruiting class.  UNI, South Dakota State, and UNI are loaded.  Southern Illinois got screwed out of a playoff berth.  They won 5 straight and won their last five, and beat us by 25;  and by the way 16 starters return.

Yes Phillips doing all the right things in the community, that doesn't translate to wins.  Were were 2-6 in the conference!  This is a rebuild for Phillips, not a reload.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version