YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Horizon League Basketball Tourney

<< < (2/9) > >>

mudclods:

--- Quote from: ValleyTalk on February 27, 2020, 09:09:04 PM ---Win IUPUI upsetting, if you want to call it that, Oakland, YSU appears to have guaranteed themselves a home game.

--- End quote ---
Oddly enough IUPUI swept Oakland this year for 2 of their 3 conference wins.  I didn't see that one coming at all tonight with the way Oakland has been playing. 

mudclods:
Looks like YSU will be the 5 seed no matter what happens now Saturday and I think will play CSU.  They caught a break with Milwaukee & Oakland both getting upset tonight.  Green Bay just shot the ball ridiculous...56% from the field including 56% from 3 and made 25 of 27 from the line.  It's really amazing they only lost by 10. 

Them knocking down all those foul shots just never allowed YSU to chew into that lead.  I was thrilled after YSU hit a 3 right before half and to start the 2nd half as they got it down to 2 but GB went on a run and that was pretty much it. 

Really hope now Green Bay can get the 3 seed instead of UIC.  Barring IUPUI winning and assuming YSU can beat CSU at home, I'd much rather see YSU go to UIC then back to GB for the quarterfinals.   

ucfpengbuck:
Green Bay shot the ball well because we have no rim protectors.  They were able to drive to the hoop with no concerns.  I can't figure out why coach stays small ball almost all 40 minutes.  An injection of Jamir Thomas might have made the difference.  Let him use all five fouls instead of collecting splinters.

mudclods:

--- Quote from: ucfpengbuck on February 28, 2020, 06:56:29 PM ---Green Bay shot the ball well because we have no rim protectors.  They were able to drive to the hoop with no concerns.  I can't figure out why coach stays small ball almost all 40 minutes.  An injection of Jamir Thomas might have made the difference.  Let him use all five fouls instead of collecting splinters.

--- End quote ---

Yeah I agree.  Jamir played 11 mins against Wright St and scored 6 points.  He played a total of 3 mins the last 2 games.  I was surprised with the lack of PT especially early on when GB was dominating the boards. 

Ola hasn't played in the last 9 games.

Wonder what the deal with Jelani was?  He only played 3 mins.  That's the first time all year he's played less than 10 mins

Penquin68:
I agree about Jamir and Jalani.  We need a big to protect the inside.  GB got a lot of layups and we are working for any kind of shot all night.  Ola also. Not sure what the deal is, but we play small most of the time and when Mike Akuchie plays he is more of an outside guy than an inside presence. Jalani is a tremendous athlete, but at home against NK his man got around him a number of times on drives.  Maybe that is the issue.  I am not a fan of  Devin instead of Jalani also.  Jalani has a big upside if they can get it developed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version