YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Horizon League Basketball Tourney

<< < (7/9) > >>

mudclods:
Got beat by their own style of play...outrebounded by 13, out-hustled, and lost a defensive effort.  Some of the last possessions were unbelievable that YSU couldn't grab the rebound or loose ball, and it seemed like every ball that went out of bounds was somehow touched by YSU last.  Was just deflating.   And a lot of bad turnovers and just didn't take advantage of a lot of their turnovers.

I realize Quisenberry had 2 fouls in the first half, but I didn't understand him sitting for the final 9 minutes of that first half.  That really took us out of the game and took too long to climb back into it and never get over the hump in the 2nd half.

Missed way too many open shots too...Morgan & Simmons had wide open looks.  Akuchie missed some shots.  Just felt like if a couple of those could have fell it may have turned the tide.

Great game by Covington on offense and defense.

Disappointing too because I really think YSU is a better team than UIC.  They beat them at their place, was up 9 at home & gave it away at the end that basically forced them to go on the road in the quarterfinals, and then to lose that way tonight.   

ucfpengbuck:
If my math is correct,YSU is 0 for 39 at trying to make the NCAA Tourney.  I think we went D1 in 1981.

go guins:

--- Quote from: ucfpengbuck on March 05, 2020, 10:26:31 PM ---If my math is correct,YSU is 0 for 39 at trying to make the NCAA Tourney.  I think we went D1 in 1981.

--- End quote ---
I'm not going to add up the years, but the -0- part is definitely correct.
Actually quite a few teams with similar records.  Seems every year there is somebody making the tournament for the first time.  Ours is coming under Coach Calhoun.  Mark my words, 2020-21 is the year!  Go Quins!

ytownchief22:
Next year will be fun. Next year is the year.

YSU1:
The guards need to score for YSU having any chance of winning.  When they did they won when they didn't they lost.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version