YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Horizon League Basketball Tourney

<< < (4/9) > >>

ValleyTalk:

--- Quote from: ucfpengbuck on February 29, 2020, 10:35:59 PM ---Why is UIC a higher seed than we are ?

--- End quote ---
We were locked into 5 seed Thursday night. We each split with WSU, but they beat NKU and we did not.

mudclods:

--- Quote from: ucfpengbuck on February 29, 2020, 10:35:59 PM ---Why is UIC a higher seed than we are ?

--- End quote ---

They beat NKU in the 3rd tiebreaker

mudclods:

--- Quote from: ValleyTalk on February 29, 2020, 10:29:27 PM ---
--- Quote from: YsuPride on February 29, 2020, 08:41:42 PM ---Going to be a one-and-done in the tournament the way the team is playing now down the stretch. We can't shoot very well at all. Need to recruit some shooters

--- End quote ---

I’ll take the W. Nice to hold them under 70 after giving up over 100 two nights ago. We get these guys again Tuesday. They beat us here in OT so it will likely be another battle.

--- End quote ---

70 is definitely the magic  number.  Pretty impressive  that YSU is now 13-2 when holding opponents  to 70 or less and both losses were only by 2!

ucfpengbuck:
Thanks guys for the clarity on the seed.   Hopefully they'll pack Beeghly for the game.  I have been screaming for Thomas to get some minutes and he played his worst game tonight.  Still think it's a confidence/mental thing .   Physical talent is there.

mudclods:

--- Quote from: ucfpengbuck on February 29, 2020, 10:54:08 PM ---Thanks guys for the clarity on the seed.   Hopefully they'll pack Beeghly for the game.  I have been screaming for Thomas to get some minutes and he played his worst game tonight.  Still think it's a confidence/mental thing .   Physical talent is there.

--- End quote ---

It's a shame YSU blew a 9 point lead with under 4 to go to UIC at home or they would have swept them.

And yes likewise here on Thomas and I thought the same thing. Interesting to see Ola finally get some minutes for the first time since the last Milwaukee game 10 games ago. Thought his length helped create a couple turnovers there on the press but he seems so awkward on offense. I just can't figure it out. He wasn't that way last year especially early in the season. It's like the time off from 2 broken bones in his hand really regressed him.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version