YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Horizon League Basketball Tourney

<< < (3/9) > >>

YsuPride:
Going to be a one-and-done in the tournament the way the team is playing now down the stretch. We can't shoot very well at all. Need to recruit some shooters

ucfpengbuck:
Wasn't pretty but the result = W.  DQ carried them on offense and everyone scrapped their rears off.

ValleyTalk:

--- Quote from: YsuPride on February 29, 2020, 08:41:42 PM ---Going to be a one-and-done in the tournament the way the team is playing now down the stretch. We can't shoot very well at all. Need to recruit some shooters

--- End quote ---

I’ll take the W. Nice to hold them under 70 after giving up over 100 two nights ago. We get these guys again Tuesday. They beat us here in OT so it will likely be another battle.

ucfpengbuck:
Why is UIC a higher seed than we are ?

mudclods:

--- Quote from: ucfpengbuck on February 29, 2020, 10:15:03 PM ---Wasn't pretty but the result = W.  DQ carried them on offense and everyone scrapped their rears off.

--- End quote ---

Yeah for sure. It really was similar to the first game where YSU fell behind big, came back to take the lead, but this time closed it out. Thought Covington was tremendous. He didn't  play the first game and I felt that and the poor free throw shooting the first game was the difference.  Still wasn't a great FT shooting night but much more respectable  than the first game.

Though it didn't change the seeding it was an important win to now guarantee a wining season,  winning  conference  record, not go into the tournament losing  3 straight  and avoid getting swept by Milwaukee.  The only team YSU didn't beat in the conference was NKU.

Milwaukee sure ended the regular season bad losing 5 straight and 6 of the last 7. I sure didn't expect  YSU to play them. Probably would prefer YSU to play CSU but CSU beating  Milwaukee  Thursday was the difference.  That's 3 of the last 4 years YSU will end the regular  season  playing the same team in the Horizon League tournament.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version