YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Wright State Game

<< < (3/4) > >>

chezmustache:
     The box score reflected attendance of 2,148.  I watched film from two sources and the crowd looked closer to 3,500.  It sounded like more than that. 

Can anyone who attended the game comment?  Was the math fuzzy?

mudclods:

--- Quote from: chezmustache on February 21, 2020, 11:55:25 AM ---     The box score reflected attendance of 2,148.  I watched film from two sources and the crowd looked closer to 3,500.  It sounded like more than that. 

--- End quote ---

I saw that and thought that number seemed low compared to other attendance figures.  Only 2 other home league games were reported to be lower.   

coachtress:

--- Quote from: mudclods on February 21, 2020, 12:17:55 PM ---
--- Quote from: chezmustache on February 21, 2020, 11:55:25 AM ---     The box score reflected attendance of 2,148.  I watched film from two sources and the crowd looked closer to 3,500.  It sounded like more than that. 

--- End quote ---

I saw that and thought that number seemed low compared to other attendance figures.  Only 2 other home league games were reported to be lower.   

--- End quote ---

I attended the Green Bay and Cleveland State games at Beeghly, I think announced for those were 2,700 and 3,200, respectively.  Last night's attendance seemed on par with those two games.  It definitely was the loudest / most lively crowd game I have attended in quite a while.

This is a fun team to watch.  Frustrating sometimes, but I have enjoyed the games I have attended and watched on ESPN+.

Wick250:
I was shocked when I saw that 2148 attendance figure.  The south bleachers were packed (thanks in part to the football team,) the red seats were much more thickly occupied than usual, and significant people in the east and west bleachers.  Definitely in the 3500 range.  Like most mid-majors, we lie to enhance attendance figures.  Why we would lie in the opposition direction, I have no idea.

YSU1:
If they continue moving forward the people will come.  the crowd was noisy and enthusiastic, the players fed off the crowd.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version