YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Assistant Coaches

<< < (5/11) > >>

goodnews:
You can have all the quality control coaches you want but if you don't have the right roster it doesn't matter.  We currently do not have the recruits to match-up with our MVFC conference opponents to go along with poor coaching.  Our conference record proves my point.

YSUFANSINCE1990:
   Very surprised that Phillips kept Peterson.  Offensive line was supposed to be a strength last year, and it was awful.  Peterson also can't keep a job, journeyman coach.

dwj:
I like the assistants so far. The Coordinators have more experience than what we had under Bo. His were not much more than graduate assistants.  And the other assistants look like a good supporting staff. 

go guins:

--- Quote from: gbs20 on February 25, 2020, 03:43:41 PM ---There have been many complaints during recent years about how unprepared the teams seem to be especially against better opponents and how coaches seem unable to adjust effectively. Perhaps that has to do with the lack of quality control coaches and use of data to analyze the team and opponents.

--- End quote ---
Or it could be the coaches and/or players simply weren't to the level of the competition. I find it HARD to blame a quality control coach or what is described here as mostly a "paid graduate assistant", for any of our loses.

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: dwj on February 26, 2020, 10:54:52 AM ---I like the assistants so far. The Coordinators have more experience than what we had under Bo. His were not much more than graduate assistants.  And the other assistants look like a good supporting staff.

--- End quote ---

I think that was only true the last 2-years dwj. When we had Carl and Shane, there was not a better set of coordinators in the country. Unfortunately they both left. I know that Carl's numbers on the scoreboard were a bit higher than I wanted, thus I was not a fan of his style; but there was little doubting his knowledge and ability. IMO defense is 3 area short, middle and deep. The Pelini's concentrated on short... QB pressure especially, but ignored the rest. You cannot be in the MVFC and expect your d-line to stop the run game by itself, as we found out the hard way over the last 2-years.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version