YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Assistant Coaches

<< < (4/11) > >>

goodnews:
Yeah really! Does that mean u r disposable whem the defense doesnt perform?

ytownchief22:
Quality control coach is usually a younger position that scouts future opponents and helps get the defense or offense ready when that week comes up and assists the actual position coaches. It's how a lot of young guys get their start.

go guins:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on February 24, 2020, 05:38:03 PM ---Quality control coach is usually a younger position that scouts future opponents and helps get the defense or offense ready when that week comes up and assists the actual position coaches. It's how a lot of young guys get their start.

--- End quote ---
Honestly chief, in reading this, it sounds like you could have just said, "I don't know either!"   
Sounds more like a paid "Graduate Assistant"

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: go guins on February 25, 2020, 09:21:00 AM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on February 24, 2020, 05:38:03 PM ---Quality control coach is usually a younger position that scouts future opponents and helps get the defense or offense ready when that week comes up and assists the actual position coaches. It's how a lot of young guys get their start.

--- End quote ---
Honestly chief, in reading this, it sounds like you could have just said, "I don't know either!"   
Sounds more like a paid "Graduate Assistant"

--- End quote ---

Chief is spot-on. They can also mark and distribute game films to specific positions/players and in some cases they are in charge of the practice team(s).

So far, I am not sold on the coordinators, but there has been some good picks below that.

gbs20:
There have been many complaints during recent years about how unprepared the teams seem to be especially against better opponents and how coaches seem unable to adjust effectively. Perhaps that has to do with the lack of quality control coaches and use of data to analyze the team and opponents.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version