YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU vs Houston Baseball

<< < (2/3) > >>

go guins:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on February 17, 2020, 02:29:40 PM ---Two almost identical teams out there. College ball is all about hitting. Singles and home-runs. The guys with the most singles are usually the winner because they have more RBI's. Andre Good looks to be playing awesome this series. 5 times at the plate and 5 times he got on base 4 hits and a walk. 2 HR's.

--- End quote ---
"The guys with the most singles are usually the winner because they have more RBI's"  Brings back the immortal words of Phil Sims, who once said on an NFL broadcast, "the team with the most points usually wins." 
Frankly I'll take the team with the most HR's and you can have the most singles and I'll bet I come out ahead.

IAA Fan:
After winning those two at Houston, being swept by by Charleston was rather disappointing.

Penquin68:
Winning 2 of 3 from ACU is impressive.  They have been to the College World Series and a number of Regional NCAA Tournaments so they appear to be an upper level program.  Pitching was the key for us with 2 strong outings by the starters with minimal walks.  Our defense was ok and offense enough to win.  Play at Pitt Tuesday if the weather is ok.  Much improved from last year when they started poorly and it lasted all year.

ysuhoops24:
This program is fairly new to D1.  All previous baseball success was at the D2 level.  I don't believe they have any NCAA tournament appearances at the D1 level.  Not taking away from the series win though, sill a solid performance.

Wick250:
Hoops,

Nothing new about our baseball program.  We have been DI in baseball and every other sport since our transition from D2 forty years ago.  Also, we have two NCAA tournament appearances in baseball.  The last, I think, in 2014.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version