YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Basketball Falls to Oakland, 72-64

<< < (2/2)

Penquin68:
Lack of a big inside hurts us when we play teams that have one.  They just push their way backwards with the ball in on our 6-8 thinner guy and turn and shoot and get a foul call.  Doesn't seem like refs make that call correctly in my not so educated opinion.  They do that over and over and get easy baskets.  And without us having an inside presence or driving to the basket, the outside shots are contested strongly.  As said before we don't seem to be able to drive and pull up and make short range jump shots.  Too many of our players just shoot up 3's instead of trying to drive inside.  DQ does and is our best player; others don't do that much. 

Our 2 other bigs don't seem to be in much, Thomas and Penderson. Penderson has almost disappeared.

mudclods:
I was hoping this was going to be the year we really had an inside presence; Naz was greatly improving, Thomas seemed like he could be a stud & thought for sure Ola would be more improved. In the end, Naz has really stepped up but Ola has regressed & I wonder what his future even holds. Thomas' playing time seems to have dropped as Hamperian has gotten more minutes. Both Thomas & Ola can't stay out of foul trouble when they do play. Thomas always seems to have a stamina issue. Kind of reminds me Tyree Robinson.

I've watched this team all year & I'm still not sure how the rest of the season is going to go. I thought for sure we'd take care of business with IUPUI & CSU which we did and said I hoped we'd could split the 3 remaining series which we've done the first with. Obviously the games with NKU & Wright State are going to be a challenge. I'm not sure how much better we are than Green Bay or Milwaukee and those are going to be difficult on the road. Have a feeling we'll end up 9-9 or 10-8. Think it's going to be a real challenge to win 3 or more.  I'm just not sure if we can win more than 2 straight in the tourney.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version