YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Doug Phillips

<< < (17/17)

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: ysubigred on February 14, 2020, 09:05:06 AM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on February 13, 2020, 05:01:54 PM ---Well Red, I guess you can call my post "Apocalypse Now". You see it as a war movie.  ;)

--- End quote ---

WOW Joe Biden!! That made me laugh out loud! Only because I don't know what the hell this means  ??? You "lying dogged face pony soldier"  8)

Next time I'm at a home game I have to make it a point to stop by your TG  ;D

--- End quote ---

I figured you would be one of us that might get that. :) We are at the new lot now. It will be good to have people stop by. We are by the 3rd light post on the northeast side. You will see the two sets of flags on each end. Always food and drink around.

Penquin68:
We have a fresh start in Football.  New coach who really seems to want to be here which is so important.  Most of the hires so far have been in contact with JT or one of his former coaches along the way. Most are young and should be hungry to do well rather than guys who have been at the big schools and things didn't work out. Hope they can put it all together.  Recruiting is the key along with hard work with our players who hopefully will buy in to the new group.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: go guins on February 14, 2020, 08:48:23 AM ---
--- Quote from: YSUFANSINCE1990 on February 13, 2020, 03:08:14 PM ---  We all hope, or at least most of are rooting for Phillips to win.  But come on, Tressel is not beyond shady dealings.

Phillips was 5th out of 7 when the committee interviewed.  It was tim Tyrrell's job, Don Treadwell next, then Shane Montgomery.

Tressel and Sebo together in Florida, Sebo writes the check.  Tressel makes the hire.  It's over now, let's hope Tressel made the right call.  Yes, I am skeptical and think a running backs coach from Cincinnati, who was out of football for 7 years is going to struggle.

Phillips I think is average, we need more than average to turn this ship around.  Just my opinion.

--- End quote ---
One thing for DAMN SURE, it's just you opinion.  Show me the check!!  You are SLAMMING Jim Tressel and Bob Sebo, you better have some damn facts!!  You better have some facts to trash people like JT and BS.  Prove this claim or I am calling you a lying sack of sh**!  Put up, big mouth.

--- End quote ---

Thinking along the same lines, do we really know JT is staying with Sebo and if so, so what. Has anyone seen a check? Why would Sebo be so interested in DP? Any proof that JT wanted DP? This site does not have a good track record with rumors.

go guins:

--- Quote from: guinpen on February 14, 2020, 08:08:16 PM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on February 14, 2020, 08:48:23 AM ---
--- Quote from: YSUFANSINCE1990 on February 13, 2020, 03:08:14 PM ---  We all hope, or at least most of are rooting for Phillips to win.  But come on, Tressel is not beyond shady dealings.

Phillips was 5th out of 7 when the committee interviewed.  It was tim Tyrrell's job, Don Treadwell next, then Shane Montgomery.

Tressel and Sebo together in Florida, Sebo writes the check.  Tressel makes the hire.  It's over now, let's hope Tressel made the right call.  Yes, I am skeptical and think a running backs coach from Cincinnati, who was out of football for 7 years is going to struggle.

Phillips I think is average, we need more than average to turn this ship around.  Just my opinion.

--- End quote ---
One thing for DAMN SURE, it's just you opinion.  Show me the check!!  You are SLAMMING Jim Tressel and Bob Sebo, you better have some damn facts!!  You better have some facts to trash people like JT and BS.  Prove this claim or I am calling you a lying sack of sh**!  Put up, big mouth.

--- End quote ---

Thinking along the same lines, do we really know JT is staying with Sebo and if so, so what. Has anyone seen a check? Why would Sebo be so interested in DP? Any proof that JT wanted DP? This site does not have a good track record with rumors.

--- End quote ---
I agree, JT is entitled to have friends.  I have friends stay with us on Hilton Head all the time, and maybe I should have been getting big checke?!?!?  Some of this crap reads like Bob S. thinks finding Doug P a job is his life's work.  I assume they were both in Salem at the same time, but it is a bunch of years later and would be easier just to give Phillips the money directly.  Tressel seems to start with $1M and go up with donors! 
I would assume JT was involved with hiring DP.  He is without doubt the smartest football mind at YSU, I hope they use the resource.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version