YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Doug Phillips

<< < (13/17) > >>

IAA Fan:
Guess we are not going to get that national recruiting footprint that I was hoping for.

ysuguins4:
I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt.  You just never know how these hires are going to go.  I thought for sure that Bo would be a slam dunk.  He won 9 or 10 games each of his 7 seasons at one of the top 20 programs in the country, and yet he went 18-22 in MV conference play while with the Guins.  He also oversaw one of the most embarrassing losses in YSU football history.  It will be interesting.  Maybe he'll bring back the spring game.

ytownchief22:
Strollo emphasized the committee was not solely looking for a coach with local ties, but it did help.

“I’m sure that’s kind of the perception that we’re looking for that,” he said. “We aren’t. We reached out on anyone that came across our table and could identify. When all things are equal, there’s a great advantage to have someone who has a local connection to high school coaches, has connection to the state of Ohio. There might be some candidates that we talk to that have similar resumes, but if their resumes were from California or Texas, it didn’t make sense to us.

Strollo is a clown. The last head coach to have not grown up in the Mahoning Valley was Tressel lol.

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on February 09, 2020, 08:19:58 PM ---Guess we are not going to get that national recruiting footprint that I was hoping for.

--- End quote ---

I dont think he was saying that. He was stating that NDSU and SDSU have a national footprint a.d up to this point we did not.

YSUFANSINCE1990:
Chief is right, Strollo is a clown.  YSU has a small time vision. 

But, Tressel 💯 hired Phillips.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version