YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Doug Phillips

<< < (10/17) > >>

FOOTBALLFEVER:
Wick, as the running backs coach at Cincinnati Phillips was a huge reason why Ethan Wright from Manchester flipped his verbal late and signed with the Bearcats. Phillips was also Targeting Jr. Marquael Parks from Orrville. Parks has some issues to work out, but if Phillips can some how bring him to Youngstown watch out!

HappyPenguin:
Stick was right, recruiting and assistants are WAY more important than this guys resume.

He needs to come in and manage the situation. He comes from a successful program in Cincy and was here when we were successful also. To me, that experience is valuable and useful.

Give him a chance. Do you think things were on the upswing before Bo left?

Like was stated before, he has a punchers chance to be a good one.

We've seen how hiring coordinators to be HC has gone. Hell we just had a 9 win a season HC from the Big 10 and he couldn't get it done here. Its about more than resumes.

All that being said, he isn't going to get more $$$ for assistants than Bo did unless this donor steps up to the plate. And if he doesn't, I don't expect the results to be there either.

Recruits and assistants guys, kind of a big deal lol.

Cincy and Iowa State have both been pretty darn good the past couple seasons we may just get some decent guys here, young guys that can relate to today's player and hopefully with the savvy to recruit those kids. You'll be surprised how much better we are when the recruiting improves no matter who is calling the shots. We did make the NC game with Wolf's guys and Bo calling the shots. He just couldn't replace those guys and we went right in the crapper. Bo was still the same guy, so what changed? Staff and players.

ytownchief22:
He is hired and today 3 players from Stow have been offered where Doug's brother Tom is the head coach lol.

Kandrase:
Watching the press conference and it sounds like this is Doug’s dream job. Great to hear his passion. As much as I think Bo wanted to do a good job I never quite felt like his heart was in it. YSU was always a step down not an end goal, Phillips seems genuinely excited to be here.

OMG he also just said “recruting is first and foremost!” I’m sold on the Phillips era!!!

penguinpower:
I saw the presser.  I like him.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version