YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Doug Phillips

<< < (8/17) > >>

peteonastick:

--- Quote from: go guins on February 07, 2020, 10:41:45 AM ---
--- Quote from: YSUFANSINCE1990 on February 07, 2020, 10:05:47 AM ---Pete you are correct.  Just heard that Tressel who has been in Florida since last Saturday has been staying with Sebo at his home.   That he and his wife Ellen are there with Sebo and his wife.  This smells really bad.

--- End quote ---
How in the world does this "smell bad"?  You guys watch to much MSNBC conspiracy stories.  I am certainly NOT saying JT didn't influenced this choice, but BS DIDN'T pay him to pick Phillips!  You guys are weak Oliver Stone wannabes!

--- End quote ---

I don't have a dog in the fight either...just relaying how it all went down when Tyrrell was in and then out so fast.  Money talks... BS walks...we complain all the time on how much money NDSU has...well that comes from oil money donations from boosters...we finally get one and people complain...take the money...let's face it...it is all recruiting and assistant coaches in college football.  Until I see that, I won't pass judgement.

Northcoast Penguin:
I don't know which is more entertaining.  Reading these post or the Impeachment Sham.  Three (3) coaches have been shamed, the facts from a "good source" were false, claims of JT buying this coach while in Florida without facts and having your minds already made up that the newly hired coach is a bad choice before his hiring is announced AND before he is introduced to anyone.

It is what it is.  The program had regressed and everyone wants the 90's back again.  Not going to happen for some time.  Either support this guy and the program or stay home but stop the trashing the new coach.  He should be welcomed to the community and program by the fans and alumnus.  He has a difficult job as it is.  Totally surprised by these posts.  Been following YSU since the 80's.  Never have I seen anyone come down as hard on a coach as this one.  We all need to lighten up, support this guy and the University with this choice.

My rant is done!

YSUFANSINCE1990:
 Northcoast no sham, these are all facts:
1. Tressel left for Florida last Saturday, all week staying at the home of Bob Sebo who pushed hard for Doug Phillips. Sebo is making a significant gift to YSU.
2. Phillips was not in top three as of Wednesday night.  He did interview last weekend in Canton, and the committee did not make the cut.
3. Tressel stepped in and said we are hiring Phillips.
4. Phillips was out of football for seven years, most recently running backs coach at Cincinnati.  Never a coordinator.

Now this is opinion:  If Tressel was going to step in, he could have at least been part of the interview process in Canton and not vacationing in Florida.  Another opinion, Phillips in way over his head, this has disaster written all over it.

Also hearing staff will be mostly grad assistants and young guys from Cincinnati and Iowa State. We will see if this is accurate.  I am sure Phillips will hire his brother who is a high school coach at Stow.

I'm done til spring ball. 

ytownchief22:
Money talks and Sebo strikes, that's all I have to say.

goodnews:
I hope its a SIGNIFICANT CHECK since YSU Football is now the PAWN.  He certainly has the $$$$ to make a difference.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version