YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

The next YSU Head Football Coach

<< < (10/41) > >>

Wick250:
My friend just sent me information that Marrow actually has a buyout clause in his UK contract.  Looks like it would cost us $300,000 given to UK just to sign the guy.  Scratch him off your list.

ytownchief22:
Just passing along what I hear. He is talking with the university and wants to be a head coach but I think he stays at Kentucky because he likes it there and they would be willing to give him a raise to keep him I believe.

HappyPenguin:

--- Quote from: go guins on January 29, 2020, 12:40:28 PM ---
--- Quote from: HappyPenguin on January 28, 2020, 01:39:35 PM ---We need someone who's proven they can be a HC. I don't care about what level, but I'm tired of hiring coordinators and finding out they are awesome coordinators but suck as head coaches.

That's a losing strategy.

Coach Shane was a disaster as a HC. No thanks.

Not sold on Carl either. Nothing there fills me with confidence from his last HC gig  :-X

If its those 2 clowns versus a D2 HC, give me the D2 guy. Especially if he's young.

--- End quote ---
A lot of water under the dam since '08 don't you think?  Coach Monty shouldn't be eliminated because of a Miami record from over a decade ago.
I thought Carl did a pretty good job at BGSU under some trying circumstances. 
Sorry, but name calling of coaches Montgomery and Pelini may impress some, but I think it shows immaturity
That being said, my money is on Marrow!

--- End quote ---

I think you just lost all your money bud.

I do love the idea of a great recruiter as HC though, especially if he gets a couple good DC's to come on board.

YSUGO:
What the coach across the border At Slippery Rock. Last year 13-1 grew up at Massillon Jackson -Shawn Lutz

ysuguins4:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on January 30, 2020, 08:21:12 PM ---What the coach across the border At Slippery Rock. Last year 13-1 grew up at Massillon Jackson -Shawn Lutz
--- End quote ---

I must have been reading your mind before I came to the board.  I was on SRU's site checking out his record there.
2016  7-4
2017  8-3
2018 11-3
2019 13-1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version