YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

The next YSU Head Football Coach

<< < (7/41) > >>

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: FOOTBALLFEVER on January 29, 2020, 08:29:11 AM ---I have a name to throw out there, How about Andrew Sowder O.C. Kent St.? Left San Jose St only to take a pay cut and Join HC Sean Lewis who he coached with earlier at B.G..Guessing Sowder's salary to be in the neighborhood of 170,000, However he is setting himself up nicely to become a head coach in the MAC or follow Lewis when he gets a big coaching job elsewhere

--- End quote ---

Nice one Fever. Perhaps a bit lite on experience though.

IAA Fan:
I think that Happy and Chief have legitimate concerns with coach Shane. I would think it was staff-related, but Strollo needs to be assured that it will not happen again. Shane understands the administrative component well, the university had all-confidence in him. I think that if he is not hog-tied into staff, he will do exceptionally well. If he is (which is what I think happened at Miami) then we can still have success; but how long will it take and at what cost we do not know. It should also be noted that JMU has much more cash than YSU and they are probably quite happy with coach Montgomery. I also think that YSU is higher in the I-AA/FCS "pecking order" than Miami is in the IA/FBS pecking order. It will be a bit easier to recruit staff and players here. Also, with these two knew QB's, Shane is quite the QB's coach.

YsuPride:
Why don't we focus on coaches that can win and are not tied to the university like we always do. Shane and Carl would not be good decisions we will be mediocre at best as we are now. Glad Pelini is gone don't let the door hit you in the butt. LSU will have a terrible defense now . they apparently didn't look at his defense during his tenure here. Let's get a good coach with winning experience. I would go after the North Dakota State or South Dakota State assistants they know how to win. Enough with dwelling on Shane and Carl. Makes me want to puke

Kandrase:

--- Quote from: go guins on January 29, 2020, 01:03:37 PM ---
--- Quote from: nova75 on January 29, 2020, 12:46:05 PM ---Marrow was recently named assistant HC at Kentucky with a salary of $650k. Is a head coaching job at a lower level worth that kind of a pay cut?

--- End quote ---
Seems to me you are serious or your're not serious.  We pay him 500K minimum if we feel we want to compete, otherwise we look at what we can afford. IE. Carl.

--- End quote ---

I hope we don’t pay someone 500k to coach here, apparently we just had a head coach worth 2 million a year and that got us a lot of mediocrity

DavedS:

--- Quote from: Kandrase on January 29, 2020, 06:27:56 PM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on January 29, 2020, 01:03:37 PM ---
--- Quote from: nova75 on January 29, 2020, 12:46:05 PM ---Marrow was recently named assistant HC at Kentucky with a salary of $650k. Is a head coaching job at a lower level worth that kind of a pay cut?

--- End quote ---
Seems to me you are serious or your're not serious.  We pay him 500K minimum if we feel we want to compete, otherwise we look at what we can afford. IE. Carl.

--- End quote ---

I hope we don’t pay someone 500k to coach here, apparently we just had a head coach worth 2 million a year and that got us a lot of mediocrity

--- End quote ---
We won't pay anywhere near 500k for any coach--possible Marrow would take it although I don't believe any coach in the US making in the neighborhood of 625k would take such a drastic pay cut to coach here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version