YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

The next YSU Head Football Coach

<< < (26/41) > >>

goodnews:
Program needs ENERGY and maybe he is the right guy at the right time.  My concern would be the supporting staff.   

YSUFANSINCE1990:
Done deal, Tyrrell.  YSU trying to hold off til
Saturday for announcement.

FOOTBALLFEVER:
Why hold off? Tomorrow is the second signing period..maybe we can get a steal

ysupenguins14:
I didn’t want it to be true but it indeed is. It’s a huge risk for the Athletic Department but I’ll give him a chance.  Hopefully he can turn his vision into reality.

Wick250:

--- Quote from: goodnews on February 04, 2020, 04:59:44 PM ---Program needs ENERGY and maybe he is the right guy at the right time.  My concern would be the supporting staff.

--- End quote ---

Assuming this is true, goodnews has highlighted Tyrrell's most appealing feature and also his potential weakness.  We need passion, zeal, and energy.  Someone with a burning desire to win.  He stretched the laws and broke them with his recruiting at Hoban yet managed to keep ahead of the OHSAA rule enforcers.  I have no concerns about clashes with the NCAA because all the illegal recruiting he did at Hoban just prepared him for what is to come on the college level....legally.

On to goodnews' second point, how to put in place assistant coaches that are well-versed in the college game?  Do we have the funds to surround him with capable veterans?  I doubt it.  Just as we are gambling on Tyrrell, we must take a leap of faith and give unproven coaches their opportunities. 

Exciting times.  If there was ever a high risk/potential high reward hire, this is it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version