YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

The next YSU Head Football Coach

<< < (22/41) > >>

ysupenguins14:
I'm not buying the Tim Tyrrell rumor.  I think we will be pleasantly surprised with the final choice.  It's a good sign there has hardly been any leaks so far. 

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: ysupenguins14 on February 03, 2020, 08:53:40 PM ---I'm not buying the Tim Tyrrell rumor.  I think we will be pleasantly surprised with the final choice.  It's a good sign there has hardly been any leaks so far.

--- End quote ---

Speculation or know something?

penguinpower:
I could see Bob Davie being hired. He and New Mexico parted ways. He has some health issues (I think heart issues) and the Clevland Clinic is one of the best (if not the best in America) for heart problems..

He isn't likely being chased down with job offers and he is an alumnus that may even desire health care coverage.

Just complete speculation on my part but I don't see us getting a proven commodity with our price point.  As I've said before you get what you pay for.  Sometimes you get lucky but the odds are against you.

YSUGO:
Mike Stoops?

YSUFANSINCE1990:
  I think what chief heard on Tim Tyrrell is accurate.  That he interviewed the best and had the best plan for the program.  Tyrrell now the favorite.  I am not an insider, I get my info from someone who works in athletics, and he usually is spot on.

He said Mallory likes Indiana State and if he ever left it would be for FBS, also said that Zordich came with no plan or vision, and that Montgomery's interview was fine, but that Strollo and Tressel prefer to move on from the Wolford and Pelini era.  He also said Montgomery wants the job badly, that he is blowing up donors and boosters phones here in town.

I for one don't think this is a quick fix.  The best teams in our conference are young(other than Illinois State last year, they had many seniors) and this will be a process.  We lost league games by 39,35, and 25.

I don't have any other names.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version