YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

The next YSU Head Football Coach

<< < (21/41) > >>

Kandrase:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on February 03, 2020, 06:21:25 PM ---One name I keep hearing is Tim Tyrell.

--- End quote ---

Isn’t he a high school coach? We’re too good to interview the top notch D3 coach in our backyard but we’re looking at high school coaches now?

Kandrase:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on February 03, 2020, 06:21:25 PM ---One name I keep hearing is Tim Tyrell.

--- End quote ---

Also I’m not directing that at you ytown chief, just know you’re relaying info

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: Kandrase on February 03, 2020, 06:32:35 PM ---

--- End quote ---

Isn’t he a high school coach? We’re too good to interview the top notch D3 coach in our backyard but we’re looking at high school coaches now?

--- End quote ---

Yep, just relaying what I'm hearing. Turned Akron Hoban into a power with recruiting and he is an Ursuline grad and played for YSU during the championship years in the 90's and also coached here after he graduated under JT.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: Kandrase on February 03, 2020, 03:01:28 PM ---
--- Quote from: YSUGO on February 03, 2020, 02:40:21 PM ---If the INDY ST coach turned us down we have truly fallen to a near bottom feeder program.  Very alarming!  We don’t have the money to pay and we have lost our fan base.  Our facilities are good but not elite.

--- End quote ---

Could also be the fact that he’s from Indiana and doesn’t want to move his family again for basically a lateral move. Don’t think it categorizes is as a bottom feeder. He’d probably not be interested in coaching SDSU either

--- End quote ---

Nice post

ytownchief22:
YSU is not the draw everyone thinks it is. The program peaked in the 90's and that's as good as it will get let's be honest. Heck, even Stambaugh isn't a top 10 stadium in FCS anymore.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version