YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

The next YSU Head Football Coach

(1/41) > >>

goodnews:
Where do they turn this time.  Hope its not a re-tread from OSU and Tressel days.  So many of them landed MAC jobs and failed miserably. Any idea where they turn now? 

YSUFANSINCE1990:
 Tressel needs to have a say this time.  Curt Mallory at Indiana State should be on the list.

Wick250:
I would hope that we don't place too much emphasis on "northeastern Ohio" ties.  Tressel grew up in Berea, Heacock in Beloit, Wolford in Brookfield, Pelini in Boardman.  Obviously, only Tressel worked out. 

This is still a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious, talented young coach.  The Watts, a big time weight room (not my opinion...ask the 49er's,) excellent (and compliant) media coverage, enough regional talent (not like the old days but still sufficient.)  And the precedent to go directly to OSU from here.  Great place for a rising coach to give us 3-4 years of winning and reach the big time.

YSUFANSINCE1990:
  Wick I agree 100%.  This is a very good job.  Great facilities, winning tradition and strong recruiting base.

YSUGO:
I want an offensive coach that can recruit Ohio and Florida.  I know I will get my head beat in but I want Shane Montgomery, or what about Brian Wright.  He just took a D2 gig.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version