YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

north dakota st wins again

<< < (2/3) > >>

OleYSUfan:
The Missouri Valley is and has been the best FCS football conference for many years; North Dakota St. has solid coaching and makes few mistakes, they are a strong and formidable team. They remind me of the !990's teams of YSU under Tressel. Will YSU ever again regain its national prominence? I would love to see YSU regain their competitive spirit and vying for a national championship. 

go guins:
Let's call a spade a spade, the best FCS conference is the one with NDSU in it.  You pick any of the best 8 conferences in FCS football, put NDSU in the conference and the conference will be #1.  The average, again the AVERAGE non-NDSU MVFC team has a conference record 4 games UNDER .500 in conference play for the last 5 years.  That is because NDSU wins so many MVFC games!  They are great the rest are so-so most of the time.  Occasionally somebody gets hot, but overall it's NDSU and everybody else looking for a playoff birth and 1 or 2 and out.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: go guins on January 13, 2020, 02:50:24 PM ---Let's call a spade a spade, the best FCS conference is the one with NDSU in it.  You pick any of the best 8 conferences in FCS football, put NDSU in the conference and the conference will be #1.  The average, again the AVERAGE non-NDSU MVFC team has a conference record 4 games UNDER .500 in conference play for the last 5 years.  That is because NDSU wins so many MVFC games!  They are great the rest are so-so most of the time.  Occasionally somebody gets hot, but overall it's NDSU and everybody else looking for a playoff birth and 1 or 2 and out.

--- End quote ---

Thinking that you are a little generous saying they would make 8 conferences the best. Maybe 3-4 conferences that may be close, but remember if ndsu is in any of those conferences most if not every other team in the league would have 1 more loss and every other team in our league may not.

I hate the league we are in but I do think that 2-4 are better then 2-4 in any other league overall.

Wick250:
Currently, NDSU and James Madison stand above every other FCS program.  It is not even close.  But the top tier of the MVFC is vastly superior to any other FCS conference.  That was demonstrated again this year when the three other MVFC playoff teams lost only to NDSU, James Madison, or to each other. 

IAA Fan:
I don't think you can place this all on the JMU offense. The Dukes D could not contain NDSU's Lance at all. Then NDSU practically went into the JMU huddle and told them it was going to be a fake field goal & they still could not stop it. However that horrid red-zone offense for half the game was all on the JMU offense. The Dukes INT was the difference. That was a chance at OT. They just had no run game, even with that great front line.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version