YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

north dakota st wins again

<< < (3/3)

Penquin68:
Just finished watching the tape of the game.  Both teams impressive compared to us at this point.  The QB at North Dakota State was the difference in my opinion.  NDSU defense is not that physically impressive, but they sure are in the right place all the time.  We need upgrades in many areas to compete with them.  I am glad to see our recruiting expand beyond our area much more than the past few years.  Local talent is fine, but it must be up to FCS level to be recruited by us.

On another note the attendance was listed as about 17,000.  Capacity is listed as 20,500.  The place sure looked full to over full to me.  Not sure what is up.

go guins:

--- Quote from: guinpen on January 13, 2020, 07:52:30 PM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on January 13, 2020, 02:50:24 PM ---
--- End quote ---

Thinking that you are a little generous saying they would make 8 conferences the best. Maybe 3-4 conferences that may be close, but remember if ndsu is in any of those conferences most if not every other team in the league would have 1 more loss and every other team in our league may not.

I hate the league we are in but I do think that 2-4 are better then 2-4 in any other league overall.

--- End quote ---
Nope, I'll stand by my 8 but one of those is the Ivy League and that maybe you can throw out on principal, but the other 7 stand IMO although I'm not going to go very strong to support the Big South.
Missouri Valley Football Conference
Big Sky Conference
CAA Football
Southern Conference
Southland
Ohio Valley Conference (where YSU should be now!)
Ivy League
Big South Conference.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: go guins on January 16, 2020, 04:37:46 PM ---
--- Quote from: guinpen on January 13, 2020, 07:52:30 PM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on January 13, 2020, 02:50:24 PM ---
--- End quote ---

Thinking that you are a little generous saying they would make 8 conferences the best. Maybe 3-4 conferences that may be close, but remember if ndsu is in any of those conferences most if not every other team in the league would have 1 more loss and every other team in our league may not.

I hate the league we are in but I do think that 2-4 are better then 2-4 in any other league overall.

--- End quote ---
Nope, I'll stand by my 8 but one of those is the Ivy League and that maybe you can throw out on principal, but the other 7 stand IMO although I'm not going to go very strong to support the Big South.
Missouri Valley Football Conference
Big Sky Conference
CAA Football
Southern Conference
Southland
Ohio Valley Conference (where YSU should be now!)
Ivy League
Big South Conference.

--- End quote ---

I'm not seeing it with OVC,Southern, Southland or Big South, but that is just my opinion.

I agree we should be in the OVC if not the CAA.

IAA Fan:
Watch out for the Southland. New quality teams that already compete at the post-season level. They are going to be tough. Final right in their territory. IMO, the conference with the most potential in all sports, with football no exception. Most of the overall growth will come in women's sports of course.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version