YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Beeghly Center

<< < (2/4) > >>

Wick250:
I agree with ET that this project only gets done by private donors.  Here is the problem.  We had 29 loges in the stadium, yet it was not enough to satisfy demand.  So we were able to construct more.  Conversely, the two middle sections of red seats in Beeghly are reserved for Penguin Club members, although some choose to sit on the flanks.  Those middle sections are never more than half-filled and usually much less than that.  How many Penguin Club members go to basketball games on a regular basis?  75? perhaps 100?  Good luck getting the donor class to finance a renovation project that will benefit a sport about which they have little interest.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: Double ET on January 11, 2020, 06:56:00 AM ---
Currently, I haven’t seen any evidences that people are not attending the MBB games because of the facility. Heck, we used to pack the South high field house when we were d2.

--- End quote ---

It is all about winning, people will sit on 5gal buckets if we were winning 25 games a year, We won more in D2.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on January 11, 2020, 09:24:46 AM ---The bleachers have to go definitely.

--- End quote ---

I agree and replace with nice size chair back seats. Was at a game 2 weeks ago and there is just no leg room.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: guinpen on January 11, 2020, 05:19:33 PM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on January 11, 2020, 09:24:46 AM ---The bleachers have to go definitely.

--- End quote ---

I agree and replace with nice size chair back seats. Was at a game 2 weeks ago and there is just no leg room.

--- End quote ---

I was always up at the cheap seats. There are plenty of leg room and space. Lol

go guins:

--- Quote from: Double ET on January 11, 2020, 06:56:00 AM ---With serious budget problems facing the university, I doubt very much YSU can justify spending $$ renovating the basketball court. Unless the MBB and WBB are making $$.
I think our best hope is for JT to get a donor to fund the project just as the (media center) on the East side of the football field.
Currently, I haven’t seen any evidences that people are not attending the MBB games because of the facility. Heck, we used to pack the South high field house when we were d2.

--- End quote ---
I remember taking to a warden of a Church about handicap accessibility when he had none, and he said he didn't need it, they didn't have any handicap attending the Church.  That is exactly the thought process you are demonstrating in your post.  We NEED updated seating, just like theaters you went to as a kid don't measure up any longer!  Times change, Beeghly needs to change too!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version