YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Beeghly Center

<< < (3/4) > >>

ytownchief22:
Don't know how or if it could get done structurally with the current building but would be nice to eliminate all the bleacher seating and replace with chair backs and make the whole upper level walkable 360 degrees with the concourse.

go guins:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on January 13, 2020, 10:18:45 PM ---Don't know how or if it could get done structurally with the current building but would be nice to eliminate all the bleacher seating and replace with chair backs and make the whole upper level walkable 360 degrees with the concourse.

--- End quote ---
I'd be skeptical of the 360 degree walk aspect as you are changing the structure substantially, but permanent theater seating would be a GREAT addition (not the new theater seating with power recliners!)  That is reasonable expense with out significant structural work.  Hope some administrator (JT) picks up and runs with this!

YsuPride:
It's like a Time Warp when you enter beeghly Center. The actual basketball court looks great in modern but the surroundings as we all know our bit outdated. What's funny is the lobby has been remodeled and looks great. Why wouldn't they do inside the arena before the lobby? Hopefully something is done with beeghly Center in next few years. An updated or newer Arena would go a long way with recruiting.

ytownchief22:
Could cut the capacity by a couple thousand and it would be perfect.

Wick250:
Here is what I would like to see them do, if they could find the funds for removing all the bleachers.  Currently, there are 1200 red seats (10 rows of 60 chairs on each side.)  Install 800 theater style seats (8 rows of 50 seats on each side, more comfort and leg room.)  There are currently 23 rows (I think) of upper level bleachers on each side.  Reduce that to 18 rows of theater seats for 1800 capacity. Leave the end zone bleachers intact but glue on seat cushions.  Figure about 1400 seats total counting both end zones. You then have a modern-looking facility with 4000 seats, including 2600 theater seats.

That is more than enough.  Wright State is now drawing 3700 with a consistently winning program. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version