YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Beeghly Center

(1/4) > >>

goodnews:
I know efforts have been made in the last 10 years to improve the Beeghly Center but the facility is soooo dated its embarrassing for the year 2020.  I watched the highlight of Q's coast-to-coast lay-up and was like WOW.  Someone (possibly the AD, isn't that his job) needs to focus on a capital campaign to make noticeable changes and updates to the facility. 

ytownchief22:
I've said that for years. Doubt anything major happens unless Calhoun and Co can seriously contend for NCAA Tourney bids.

Wick250:
You would not have to do anything too drastic to dramatically improve that facility.  Just take out ALL the portable bleachers on the lower and upper levels and install permanent, theater-style seating.  That facility was constructed as an all-purpose center, the only place for indoor phys ed classes and intramurals in 1972. Today, with the Watts, the Rec center, and the 100 yard long gym under the seating in Stambaugh,  all phys ed and intramurals can easily be accommodated without using the Beeghly gym floor or the side decks. Sure, installing permanent seating would cost lots of money, but it is not as if you needed to replace the roof and all the support beams.

Double ET:
With serious budget problems facing the university, I doubt very much YSU can justify spending $$ renovating the basketball court. Unless the MBB and WBB are making $$.
I think our best hope is for JT to get a donor to fund the project just as the (media center) on the East side of the football field.
Currently, I haven’t seen any evidences that people are not attending the MBB games because of the facility. Heck, we used to pack the South high field house when we were d2.

ytownchief22:
The bleachers have to go definitely.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version