YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU - CSU MBB

<< < (2/2)

Penquin68:
Too many easy layups for Cleveland State.  Not sure why Jamir and Ola are not in more to prevent those easy baskets.  One that was especially bad was on an in bounds play under the basket.  And they kept DQ from getting the ball.  The opening tip was a omen of things to come when they beat us down the floor off the tip.  Encouraging was the scoring of Naz and Jalani.  I think jalani needs to play more; he is athletic and can shoot the ball from 3 and close in.  Difficult match up for the other team.  Hope the coaches can get the 2 big guys up to playing significant minutes and contributing.

Also disturbing is how Cleveland State can loose so many players in the middle of the summer, and a coach, and go out and get quality players and get them up to speed so quickly.  We sure don't seem to be able to do that.  Not sure why.

mudclods:
I couldn't agree more with the above 2 posts.  I thought the same thing that CSU basically duplicated how YSU has been playing, and that opening tip really did set the tone.  Those big dunks they had too really got them and their crowd into it.  Hard to believe YSU could outrebound WVU but get outrebounded by 7 to CSU.  It really shows you that when you play good defense it gives you a chance to win every game compared to this game when YSU shot the ball better from 3-PT than they did all year, make 8 more 3's than CSU and still lose by 8.

I know Simmons was struggling earlier in the season, but I'd like to see him start in place of Cathcart.  He's been playing much better of late.  I thought maybe too Hamperian might get some playing time after he played pretty decent earlier in the year.  Seems like Foster's PT has decreased too.

It's a weird league this year.  I thought Wright St. was clearly the class of the league and they only beat Detroit by 1 today.  It really shows after a few games that literally anyone can beat anyone.  CSU looked to be a dumpster fire back in the summer.  I was impressed with them getting some wins in non-conference and players others pretty tough.  Like I said above, I had a bad feeling about this game.  Add in IUPUI beating Green Bay and Milwaukee beating UIC.

I think the biggest surprises are CSU at 2-1, Oakland at 1-2, UIC at 1-3, and you could even say Northern KY only at 2-2. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version