YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU vs. WVU

<< < (2/5) > >>

YsuPride:
Go guins.  Let's make this a competitive game.  Is the game on TV ?   I'll be there but wanna record it as well.  I hear just under 3000 tickets sold.   

mudclods:
The Westminster game had a good crowd.  The Robert Morris crowd was decent I thought.  Sunday's game against SEMO was terrible but that's a hard sell as it was an 8 PM game, the Steelers were playing plus kids are on break.  Wednesday's crowd was better but not good.  I thought last year's crowds during league play was much better than in the past. 

Saturday's game is not televised.  I see a lot of WVU people complaining.  WVU Twitter said it was Youngstown's choice. 

I read somewhere some companies that were picking up the tab for free student tickets Saturday.

Earlier in the week it was said that 2500 or so tickets were sold for Saturday.  Supposedly it holds 5900.  I looked at Ticketmaster and there's a lot of available seats.  Will be interesting to see what the walk up crowd Saturday will be.  No concerns on weather.  Would think a decent amount from WVU would attend plus you have 2 of their bigs that played local at Warren & Kennedy. 

I just am shocked there hasn't been a bigger push on ticket sales

goodnews:
According to the Vindicator, YSU gave up a minimum of $140,000 and as much as $180,000 to get WVU to play in Ytown.  Unless there is a guarantee, one would think the Athletic Department would make sure that the Covelli Center was full.

ytownchief22:
There won't be more than 3k at the game. Lots of WVU fans. The game might be close early but WVU will pull away late and win by 15+.

goodnews:
3k??? What are the expectations of this AD?  He has done nothing to effecttively impact attendance in any sport.  Apparently there are no expectations at the university..  No one holds the AD accountable so there are NO EXPECTATIONS....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version