YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Signing Day 2020

<< < (17/17)

Kandrase:

--- Quote from: ysubigred on February 11, 2020, 08:45:36 AM ---
--- Quote from: Kandrase on February 10, 2020, 05:30:51 PM ---
--- Quote from: ysubigred on February 10, 2020, 03:48:07 PM ---
--- Quote from: Double ET on February 10, 2020, 11:46:58 AM ---
--- Quote from: FOOTBALLFEVER on February 10, 2020, 11:35:09 AM ---Kent St signed 5 players within a 40 mile radius of their campus. Out of those 5 players none were offered by YSU

--- End quote ---

Pessimistic: Bo probably figured out that none of these 5 guys will come to YSU.
Optimistic: Bo probably figured out that none of these 5 guys are good enough for YSU.

--- End quote ---

Lets see,,, Go to a MAC school and play on national TV Tue, and Wed nights or come to YSU and hang out with Bo  :angel:

--- End quote ---

Go to a school with a history that includes 4 national titles or go to a school that will never get the chance to compete for a meaningful championship? I dunno, I guess the TV thing is a big deal, but Mount Union gets to play on national TV almost ever year too.

--- End quote ---

A bit of sarcasm and a lot of truth to my statement. Brother Bo is no longer a HC at YSU due to many reasons but one major reason was recruiting. Secondly, the school history only rings true to us old timers the casual fan even in Y-town sadly still thinks 1FCS is D II and Can't states appearance on ESPN right before Thanks giving until Christmas sways more recruits than YSU's 90's NC at 1AA. Mount Union wow you are reaching  ;)

--- End quote ---

Yes Mount Union example was a reach but it’s true, Kent and Akron aren’t the only local schools who get national TV coverage. I just don’t want us to use TV as an excuse. I think a motivated coaching staff can certainly overcome the MAC TV bump. And beating Akron next year would also be huge for recruiting

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: Kandrase on February 11, 2020, 09:14:43 AM ---
--- Quote from: ysubigred on February 11, 2020, 08:45:36 AM ---
--- Quote from: Kandrase on February 10, 2020, 05:30:51 PM ---
--- Quote from: ysubigred on February 10, 2020, 03:48:07 PM ---
--- Quote from: Double ET on February 10, 2020, 11:46:58 AM ---
--- Quote from: FOOTBALLFEVER on February 10, 2020, 11:35:09 AM ---Kent St signed 5 players within a 40 mile radius of their campus. Out of those 5 players none were offered by YSU

--- End quote ---

Pessimistic: Bo probably figured out that none of these 5 guys will come to YSU.
Optimistic: Bo probably figured out that none of these 5 guys are good enough for YSU.

--- End quote ---

Lets see,,, Go to a MAC school and play on national TV Tue, and Wed nights or come to YSU and hang out with Bo  :angel:

--- End quote ---

Go to a school with a history that includes 4 national titles or go to a school that will never get the chance to compete for a meaningful championship? I dunno, I guess the TV thing is a big deal, but Mount Union gets to play on national TV almost ever year too.

--- End quote ---

A bit of sarcasm and a lot of truth to my statement. Brother Bo is no longer a HC at YSU due to many reasons but one major reason was recruiting. Secondly, the school history only rings true to us old timers the casual fan even in Y-town sadly still thinks 1FCS is D II and Can't states appearance on ESPN right before Thanks giving until Christmas sways more recruits than YSU's 90's NC at 1AA. Mount Union wow you are reaching  ;)

--- End quote ---

Yes Mount Union example was a reach but it’s true, Kent and Akron aren’t the only local schools who get national TV coverage. I just don’t want us to use TV as an excuse. I think a motivated coaching staff can certainly overcome the MAC TV bump. And beating Akron next year would also be huge for recruiting

--- End quote ---

I don't live in the area so "IF" I remember and they make it to the Stag bowl then yes once a year for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version