YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Signing Day 2020

<< < (14/17) > >>

Kandrase:

--- Quote from: FOOTBALLFEVER on February 07, 2020, 10:17:52 AM ---With you Go guins Mark is a great athlete and most importantly a great kid. This has to be an emotional rollercoaster for him right about now. Obviously would never turn away talent like Crenshaw, but this is where our recruiting department really failed. You Bring in a guy like  waid and label him as your centerpiece and work really hard to get him , then the following  year you offer another quarterback  when you should be offering quality lineman and ammunition for your centerpiece.  This was always a big issue of mine with Bo. Wasted  Scholarships everywhere you looked . I really feel Phillips will be a huge improvement in this area

--- End quote ---

To be fair, I don’t think the last coaching staff worked all that hard to get Waid, and I don’t think anyone besides us fans labeled him as the centerpiece. He got a scholarship offer way late in the process and didn’t have a ton of other offers besides Fordham IIRC. He’s definitely a great athlete and I’d be happy to see him as the guy if Crawford hadn’t come along.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: FOOTBALLFEVER on February 07, 2020, 10:17:52 AM ---With you Go guins Mark is a great athlete and most importantly a great kid. This has to be an emotional rollercoaster for him right about now. Obviously would never turn away talent like Crenshaw, but this is where our recruiting department really failed. You Bring in a guy like  waid and label him as your centerpiece and work really hard to get him , then the following  year you offer another quarterback  when you should be offering quality lineman and ammunition for your centerpiece.  This was always a big issue of mine with Bo. Wasted  Scholarships everywhere you looked . I really feel Phillips will be a huge improvement in this area

--- End quote ---
Who knows? May be after having one year on the team, the coaches might have a different assessment on Waid as the centerpiece of our future.

goodnews:
Hofstra eliminated football like 10 years ago.  It was Fordham.

IAA Fan:

--- End quote ---

Yes, like a bunch of useless WR's, a crop of useless LB's and a bunch of smaller defensive linemen that went over to offense when Bo felt they did not match his needs on D; even though we all know if they do not match-up on DL, they they certainly do not match up for OL. I think it was the media who put that label on Waid. Got to give us fans something to talk about.

HappyPenguin:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on February 07, 2020, 05:49:43 PM ---

--- End quote ---

Yes, like a bunch of useless WR's, a crop of useless LB's and a bunch of smaller defensive linemen that went over to offense when Bo felt they did not match his needs on D; even though we all know if they do not match-up on DL, they they certainly do not match up for OL. I think it was the media who put that label on Waid. Got to give us fans something to talk about.

--- End quote ---

I have to admit I was surprised they didn't let Waid run the entire offense if he was as good as everyone was claiming he was. They didn't let him throw much for a reason.

I'm not saying he can't run that scheme, but they're use of him tells me they think he can't run that scheme.

NDSU didn't seem to have any issues modifying their playbook to suit the skills of their new FR QB. How'd that work out?

Why didn't we do that for Waid if he is so great? Why didn't more schools want him?

Handing him the starting QB job and not trying to recruit someone better is folly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version