YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Signing Day 2020

<< < (11/17) > >>

Wick250:
Crenshaw has signed.  It was posted on the YSU Football Twitter account.  We can all relax a little now.

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on February 05, 2020, 04:55:15 PM ---Crenshaw has signed.  It was posted on the YSU Football Twitter account.  We can all relax a little now.

--- End quote ---

Yep it's official. Should be interesting how the QB room will play out.

Kandrase:

--- Quote from: ysubigred on February 05, 2020, 02:48:35 PM ---
--- Quote from: Wick250 on February 05, 2020, 02:41:33 PM ---Bigred,

The kids that we signed in December are contractually bound to YSU for next season, unless we were to release them.  Of course, they could just sit out a year and then go wherever they wanted.  Hopefully, they will be receptive to the new coach.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Wick, I was thinking that, but somewhere I thought I heard a HC change can release them without penalty?

--- End quote ---

This is from national letter.org which has a ton of info about what a letter of intent means.

This was a FAQ about if a letter of intent is valid if your coach leaves

Yes. The NLI you signed with an institution remains binding if the coach who recruited you leaves the institution with which you signed. When you sign an NLI, you sign with an institution and not with a coach or a specific team.

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: Kandrase on February 05, 2020, 05:39:45 PM ---
--- Quote from: ysubigred on February 05, 2020, 02:48:35 PM ---
--- Quote from: Wick250 on February 05, 2020, 02:41:33 PM ---Bigred,

The kids that we signed in December are contractually bound to YSU for next season, unless we were to release them.  Of course, they could just sit out a year and then go wherever they wanted.  Hopefully, they will be receptive to the new coach.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Wick, I was thinking that, but somewhere I thought I heard a HC change can release them without penalty?

--- End quote ---

This is from national letter.org which has a ton of info about what a letter of intent means.

This was a FAQ about if a letter of intent is valid if your coach leaves

Yes. The NLI you signed with an institution remains binding if the coach who recruited you leaves the institution with which you signed. When you sign an NLI, you sign with an institution and not with a coach or a specific team.

--- End quote ---

Great thanks.

Soooo, am I to assume the YSU football program signed all it LOI's in DEC since I can't find any announcements for 5 Feb 20?!  :-\

Wick250:
Bigred,

Only Crenshaw.  But he may or may not turn out to be a mighty big "only."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version