YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Changes...and I don't mean the Bowie song either!

<< < (5/9) > >>

peteonastick:
https://www.ketv.com/article/maurice-washington-finished-as-nebraska-cornhusker/30392485

Maybe Bo can stir up some clandestine Nebraska connection and lure him here. Does have a legal issue but we have dealt with that before.

ysuguins4:
Need to put Carl back to DC and fire at least two of these three, D'Alesio, Baker and Gomes.

HappyPenguin:

--- Quote from: ysuguins4 on January 03, 2020, 10:03:46 PM ---Need to put Carl back to DC and fire at least two of these three, D'Alesio, Baker and Gomes.

--- End quote ---
A very solid idea but not likely I'm afraid. I wish it was.

go guins:

--- Quote from: YSUFANSINCE1990 on December 19, 2019, 03:29:00 PM --- Go Guins, Pelini is 18-22 in conference play.  This past year his defense gave up 56, 56, 38, and 35 in four of the six conference losses, three of those games blow outs.  Embarrassed by South Dakota.

His team was 2-6 in the conference.  Other than 2016, what do you like about his 5 years.   He lost to Butler!!

Who says 2 great recruiting classes?  LOL.

--- End quote ---
Which is to say, yes he did make it to Frisco so it wan't 5 garbage years in a row!  (I said 2 great classes, you can say LOL and root against YSU, but I remain positive)  Other than NDSU the combined record of in conference MVFC teams is -34 games or 4 games below .500 on average.   YSU is "average" over Bo's tenure.  I'm not any happier missing the playoffs than you are, and we need to do better, but it isn't "terrible" and I expect great things going forward.  Remember he won 9 games every year playing in the Big 10, so we should be hopeful. 

goodnews:
Bo was coaching in the weak division of the Big 10.  He would've had the same .500 record he has now had he coached in the Big 10 East

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version