YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Changes...and I don't mean the Bowie song either!

<< < (4/9) > >>

go guins:

--- Quote from: peteonastick on December 23, 2019, 08:34:10 AM ---OK...back to the original question...any changes?  The only thing I saw was a pic of Bo and Tressel with Crenshaw from Pickerington...didn't see any of those types of posts before.  Although I am not convinced he is all in still. We will find out in February I guess if pulls the trigger on any coaches.   

--- End quote ---
I don't know Bo any better than you do from watching him on the sideline and press conferences, which is to say not at all.  BUT I know he doesn't like to lose and he doesn't like to recruit.  These "kid coordinators" aren't helping with either, and so they are going to be gone.  They are giving Carl credit for Crenshaw, and that is a HUGE "get," and Carl is the key now.  I hope we see Carl moving back to D which should really help, and somebody from outside, maybe a HS guy with spread experience coming to take over the O. I would have suggested Pearson from Girard, but with Crenshaw, that seems very unlikely.  If they took a younger HS guy and had some success, that makes a smooth transition when Bo wants to hang them up.   

ytownchief22:
Wouldn't expect major coaching changes. Bo likes the young kids for recruiting so he doesn't have to. Carl is taking a bigger role but I think that'll be it.

YSUFANSINCE1990:
  There will be no major changes, I am hearing from someone who would know that Pelini will keep Brian Crist on the staff, but he is being demoted.  But rather than hire a competent offensive coordinator, Pelini and his brother will run the offense.   Both Bo and Carl have a defensive background, but they are going to run the offense.

This is the arrogance of Pelini, he thinks he knows all and his lack of a strong staff is a part of he reason he has not been successful here.  The defense was a shambles for much of the season and to not address that side of the ball shows that Pelini  doesn't get it.   With Waid and potentially a talented incoming freshman QB, we need a bright, creative offensive mind running the offense.

Carl had a lot of say on offense last year, how did that work?   

ytownchief22:
Bo has basically handed a lot of responsibility over to Carl (recruiting, play calling)

No coincidence since Carl is going to be head coach in waiting once Bo leaves

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: YSUFANSINCE1990 on December 26, 2019, 08:28:03 AM ---  There will be no major changes, I am hearing from someone who would know that Pelini will keep Brian Crist on the staff, but he is being demoted.  But rather than hire a competent offensive coordinator, Pelini and his brother will run the offense.   Both Bo and Carl have a defensive background, but they are going to run the offense.

This is the arrogance of Pelini, he thinks he knows all and his lack of a strong staff is a part of he reason he has not been successful here.  The defense was a shambles for much of the season and to not address that side of the ball shows that Pelini  doesn't get it.   With Waid and potentially a talented incoming freshman QB, we need a bright, creative offensive mind running the offense.

Carl had a lot of say on offense last year, how did that work?

--- End quote ---

Nothing wrong with the offensive scheme last year. Much better than the previous year. It was talent-level and lack of front line & quality run game. However, that falls under Crist as well. If they are not going to bring in a quality OC, then keep Crist. Sounds like Bo does not think his D is even an issue. There was our main problem. Not saying the O was good, but it was a vast improvement. After the last few games, I am still a Craycraft fan vs Waid. Another season will tell.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version