YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Changes...and I don't mean the Bowie song either!

<< < (3/9) > >>

IAA Fan:
I think 1990 does make a valid point though. I think our line is not completely to blame. You have to look at our TB's as well. In conference, we averaged 8-points less per game. Take out the WIU game and we averaged over 13-pioints less in conference play. Ignoring the WIU blowout, we only had 6 rushing TDs in conference play. Only 1 of those was scored by a TB ...3 running TDs from Mays and 2 from Waid.

ytownchief22:
The game is won in the trenches and our O-Line play has been brutal. Plain and simple.

go guins:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on December 19, 2019, 06:10:07 PM ---The game is won in the trenches and our O-Line play has been brutal. Plain and simple.

--- End quote ---
Agreed.  We push around the non-conference guys but not the MVFC.  HOWEVER insulting the players doesn't serve much purpose, and I think there is some talent coming back.  My point about Matt Jones and mostly young kids controlling the line all day against a highly rated ISU team in game 12 is accurate and valid.  With Forest and maybe a transfer, we should be MUCH improved in 2020.  Saying nobody can play at all is, IMO unfair and inaccurate.

YsuPride:
Just dont lose to Akron to start the 2020 season.   That will be embarrassing.   Zips aweful.

peteonastick:
OK...back to the original question...any changes?  The only thing I saw was a pic of Bo and Tressel with Crenshaw from Pickerington...didn't see any of those types of posts before.  Although I am not convinced he is all in still. We will find out in February I guess if pulls the trigger on any coaches.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version