YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Should Coach Pelini be fired or resign

<< < (7/8) > >>

IAA Fan:
It was a great win, but I am not going to hang my off-season on it & think that we have all the answers on this squad. If our defense at 110% (and the ILS offense at 100%) would have given up 400+ yards passing by Q3 & then their back-up TBs would have then ran all over us when we tried to adjust, Just as it has been for the past 6-weeks. Their lines were bigger and faster than ours, just as it has been for the last 6-games. We blitzed every play against a scared young QB who could not offer his team any direction, when experience QB's throw for 50+ yard TDs with the same Pelini pressure. ILS was 0-12 in 3rd-downs, clearly we had 100%up front defense.

Our first drive was the only respectable drive we had., because we went wildcat on them. The second drive was 10 plays for 29-yards & a field goal. We build up a decent head of steam with CHapman (3) and then we pull him?

We need bigger and faster lines, bigger fast TB's, a defense that can tackle, corners that see the it, once the ball is snapped. All of this with some additional depth by April.

YSU1:
only 2 wins in conference play.  that is all you need to know.

Double ET:
And we will lose our 2 starting DE next season

penguinpower:
I dont think Bo is the best coach,  but who are we going to get if he's fired? I think you need to give Bo the resources he needs so that there are no excuses. Then if he is fired for performance you can secure a coach that sees the resource efforts placed in football. If you fire him now, without a good faith effort to provide the salaries for assistants, then you won't get a good replacement HC or assistants.

DavedS:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on November 28, 2019, 10:28:49 AM ---It was a great win, but I am not going to hang my off-season on it & think that we have all the answers on this squad. Our defense at 110% (and the ILS offense at 100%) would have given up 400+ yards passing by Q3 & then their back-up TBs would have then ran all over us when we tried to adjust, Just as it has been for the past 6-weeks. Their lines were bigger and faster than ours, just as it has been for the last 6-games. We blitzed every play against a scared young QB who could not offer his team any direction, when experience QB's throw for 50+ yard TDs with the same Pelini pressure. ILS was 0-12 in 3rd-downs, clearly we had 100%up front defense.

Our first drive was the only respectable drive we had., because we went wildcat on them. The second drive was 10 plays for 29-yards & a field goal. We build up a decent head of steam with CHapman (3) and then we pull him?

We need bigger and faster lines, bigger fast TB's, a defense that can tackle, corners that see the it, once the ball is snapped. All of this with some additional depth by April.

--- End quote ---
We  won't ever know for sure  if they were at 100%--I remember back in 2013 UNI had knocked off Iowas State yet they couldn't beat ILS but YSU beat ILS 59-21--you could be right about them  @ 100% but  the team with better players is never a guaranteed win and I still believe ILS wasn't gonna win this one better or not---bottom line we won and we will never know about "if's."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version