YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Should Coach Pelini be fired or resign

<< < (4/8) > >>

Wick250:
To state the obvious, Strollo is a polarizing figure.  If you are a member of the donor class or the Penguin Club, you love the guy because he treats these folks very well.  If you are a regular season ticket buyer or a common fan, you wonder how this character still has a job.

There is no denying that the athletic facilities have expanded greatly under his watch.  Personally, I believe that would have happened under any athletic director but the fact remains that it happened under Strollo.

But as Go has noted earlier this evening, Strollo allowed a national football power to erode beyond recognition and he failed to improve the poor basketball program that he inherited.  Throw in also the fact that Strollo murdered DeGregorio's women's basketball team with two horrible politically correct hires.  He did resurrect the program by turning to Boldon and Barnes.

go guins:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on November 24, 2019, 11:33:04 AM ---
--- Quote from: goodnews on November 24, 2019, 11:14:37 AM ---You have a new tennis center because Tressel got the funds to complete the press box and countless other donations.  You cant possibly convince me that Strollo is capable of raising $$$ to make a difference?  However, with the new press box you get an incompetent defensive coordinator.  BTW there are only 34 Division I bowling teams.  Therefore, much easier to compete and be successful.   

--- End quote ---

...and you cannot possibly convince me that the future of this campus and the direction of our athletic programs were not "written in stone" long before Tressel came back. Thus the reason he was hired. Bo hires his own staff, as has every coach in YSU football history. Press box has nothing to do with it.  You forget that Carl Pelini is up in that press box & Bo could have have named him DC on paper. Bo should have removed enough dead wood to keep the best OC we ever had, you know the guy who is on his way to an FCS final game match-up with North Dakota State and should be leading YSU's offense there instead.

--- End quote ---
"and you cannot possibly convince me that the future of this campus and the direction of our athletic programs were not "written in stone" long before Tressel came back"
That is certainly true.  No matter how wrong you are, any time on the blog and a pea would know you are in love with everything Strollo. 

IAA Fan:
I would not say that I am everything Strollo. When we do move in terms of conference ...he may no longer be the best choice. However, as with most positions dealing with YSU sports ...we may not be able to afford anyone better. Until we make our move, or at least be in a position to do so, Strollo is the best choice. Just because I am more rational about it, does not make me blind.

goodnews:
MAKE A CONFERENCE MOVE?

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: goodnews on November 25, 2019, 09:28:02 PM ---MAKE A CONFERENCE MOVE?

--- End quote ---

Lol to where?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version