YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Should Coach Pelini be fired or resign

<< < (3/8) > >>

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: goodnews on November 24, 2019, 11:14:37 AM ---You have a new tennis center because Tressel got the funds to complete the press box and countless other donations.  You cant possibly convince me that Strollo is capable of raising $$$ to make a difference?  However, with the new press box you get an incompetent defensive coordinator.  BTW there are only 34 Division I bowling teams.  Therefore, much easier to compete and be successful.   

--- End quote ---

...and you cannot possibly convince me that the future of this campus and the direction of our athletic programs were not "written in stone" long before Tressel came back. Thus the reason he was hired. Bo hires his own staff, as has every coach in YSU football history. Press box has nothing to do with it.  You forget that Carl Pelini is up in that press box & Bo could have have named him DC on paper. Bo should have removed enough dead wood to keep the best OC we ever had, you know the guy who is on his way to an FCS final game match-up with North Dakota State and should be leading YSU's offense there instead.

goodnews:
At the end of the day results matter.  The YSU Ath Dept is a FRAUD.  If successful any # of MAC schools would have hired Strollo away.   

ytownchief22:
Strollo is a puppet. JT is the reason these big donors are ponying up to build up the campus.

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on November 24, 2019, 12:18:23 PM ---Strollo is a puppet. JT is the reason these big donors are ponying up to build up the campus.

--- End quote ---

Every athletic director in the entire nation, at all levels, is the same thing. Who was a bigger fraud as AD that Tressel? He just agreed to do the scheduling for a $10k annual stipend. The difference is Strollo knows how to "SPEND" the money in ways that improve our university. Results are what makes him a good AD.

YSUGO:
The football team with Strollo as AD has made the playoffs twice  06 and 2016.  2 Conference Championships we we were a co-champ in 05 and won the conference outright in 2006.  Since then we have stunk other than 2016.

Mens basketball has had 17 losing seasons since AD Strollo took over in 01.  We had what 2 years above .500.  People in the seats are at an all-time low in both sports.  Fan interest is low.  I can go on and on. 

We need to be in leagues that we can compete in.  Things will never change till we evaluated the athletic department. Then we need to evaluate what league we truly need to compete in that we can sustain it financially to put all our programs in a position to compete.. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version