YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU vs Illinois St

<< < (5/8) > >>

IAA Fan:
BTW: I do not mean to disrespect SeMO for being in the post-season, they did play well late in the season.

DavedS:
We definitely weren't a top 5 team--we were more like a bi-polar team,some weeks playing "lights out "and some weeks playing  like "who cares?"

DavedS:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on December 01, 2019, 11:21:49 AM ---BTW: I do not mean to disrespect SeMO for being in the post-season, they did play well late in the season.

--- End quote ---
They were ranked #12--a helluva lot higher than YSU and still lost to a team without a QB--that's why they play the game instead of using projected statistics! ;)

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: DavedS on December 01, 2019, 12:13:49 PM ---We definitely weren't a top 5 team--we were more like a bi-polar team,some weeks playing "lights out "and some weeks playing  like "who cares?"

--- End quote ---

I agree David, but that is because everything with coach Bo is "big play". With big plays on offense you score quick or it is 3 & out. With big play defense you drop the QB for a loss of he burns you. There is no balance on defense whatsoever and little of it on offense. We blitz or we double-cover receivers. We rotate offensive backs with little attentions to development or running style. It took Mays being less that 100% from off-season surgery to keep him from running & his back-ups were the same. All of Mays successful passing was short-side throw for the end zone. Yet he has always shown the ability to work traffic, as do Craycraft and Waid. Perhaps even more-so with Craycraft and Waid. Craycraft was darn impressive working the sidelines against ILS. Waid was almost as good with less experience.

guinpen:
On to the final 8, Robinson had an off game, only 210 yards. Bison next

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version