YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Women's Basketball

<< < (3/4) > >>

Wick250:
Chikwe, a rebounding machine, is still suffering from the effects of a concussion and is unlikely to play again.  Backup center, VanZanten, broke a bone in her foot in late November with a 6-8 week expected recovery timetable.  The big loss is all-conference center, Dunn, who had knee surgery after also going down in late November.  Supposedly, she is the nearest to returning.  However, the way Dunn and VanZanten are still walking around the gym with slight limps, I have my doubts either will be able to run the court anytime soon.

ytownchief22:
Credit to the ladies who have hung in there battling while the bigs are out.

ysuguins4:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on December 31, 2019, 01:51:04 PM ---Chikwe, a rebounding machine, is still suffering from the effects of a concussion and is unlikely to play again.  Backup center, VanZanten, broke a bone in her foot in late November with a 6-8 week expected recovery timetable.  The big loss is all-conference center, Dunn, who had knee surgery after also going down in late November.  Supposedly, she is the nearest to returning.  However, the way Dunn and VanZanten are still walking around the gym with slight limps, I have my doubts either will be able to run the court anytime soon.

--- End quote ---
Thanks for the update

Wick250:
Just when you thought it could not possibly get any worse.  Last night freshman guard, Petit, left the game early in what looks to be a serious injury.  She would have been a strong candidate for freshman of the year honors.  If healthy, our fourteen players would have been the best team in this league.  Now, our nine players that remain standing are in a battle for survival.  Really is a shame.

ysuguins4:
I was afraid of that when I looked at the box score last night and noticed she only played 12 minutes.  Is Wagner also hurt?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version