YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Men's Basketball

<< < (2/3) > >>

ucfpengbuck:

--- Quote from: mudclods on November 05, 2019, 08:57:21 AM ---
--- Quote from: ucfpengbuck on November 05, 2019, 08:24:08 AM ---I'm super pumped for this season.   There's a lot of versatility where many can play different positions.   My biggest concern is the post.  Only two there and foul trouble can make us a small team.  This should be a team that can get out and run the floor and there is depth at every position except center.

Playing Thiel is more or less an exhibition .  Kind of like OSU played Cedarville.

I just read that Olamadie Pedersen is going to miss the first 8 games with a broken hand.  Post is really thin with depth.  Akuchie will most likely fill in .

--- End quote ---

I knew Ola had that broken hand back in the summer and missed those exhibition games but I didn't realize he wouldn't be ready for the opener.  He's one I really hope can improve this year.  Wish Sally had stuck around to give us size in the post.

Same hand different area.   https://www.tribtoday.com/sports/ysu-sports/2019/11/penguin-men-look-for-breakout-year/

--- End quote ---

ytownchief22:
Not having Ola does suck but still very excited for this year!

ytownchief22:
Q is the real deal. This will be a fun team to watch this year!!

YsuPride:
18 plus wins.  We will get better as season progresses. 

mudclods:
It's really exciting to be entering the new year with a lot of continuity and to be able to really build off the last two years.  That's something that really hasn't been present for years. 

Even though it was against a DIII, the guys really seemed locked in last night.  Was impressed how YSU came out for the 2nd half last night too.  Thought everyone played well for the most part.  Jamir Thomas looks like a nice addition.  Little disappointed in the 3PT and FT shooting.  Devin Morgan looks more fit and faster.  It's crazy to think Darius is only a sophomore.  I just hope he can stay injury free.  It makes me nervous as many times as he falls to floor. 

Thiel had a lot more size and athleticism than I expected.  They didn't look like a local DIII school.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version