YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

#1 NDSU coming.. Lets Pump it up!!

<< < (4/12) > >>

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on October 30, 2019, 03:11:50 PM ---
--- Quote from: lakesbison on October 29, 2019, 10:47:14 PM ---
--- Quote from: ysuguins4 on October 29, 2019, 07:42:30 PM ---Don't get blown out Saturday, win the last 3, and they'll have a chance to make the playoffs.  4 or 5 MVFC teams will probably make the playoffs, if they have a record of at least 8-4.

--- End quote ---

this is the proper take

--- End quote ---

No if we lose Saturday, it would be a team in 4th place (at best) ...having lost to every team above them and another 2 below them (UNI & SIU). Who wants to take that resume to the post-season? Again, let a team from a supposed "lesser" conference get a second-bid. Maybe they have won most all of their conference games.

--- End quote ---

Look, I know we have our issues, but at the end of the day we are still better than most of the top 24 teams that will get into the playoffs.  Bottom line is that there is not equity in the FCS when it comes to playoffs.  We will curb stomp every team in the first round. 

Kandrase:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on October 30, 2019, 09:34:47 PM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on October 30, 2019, 03:11:50 PM ---
--- Quote from: lakesbison on October 29, 2019, 10:47:14 PM ---
--- Quote from: ysuguins4 on October 29, 2019, 07:42:30 PM ---Don't get blown out Saturday, win the last 3, and they'll have a chance to make the playoffs.  4 or 5 MVFC teams will probably make the playoffs, if they have a record of at least 8-4.

--- End quote ---

this is the proper take

--- End quote ---

No if we lose Saturday, it would be a team in 4th place (at best) ...having lost to every team above them and another 2 below them (UNI & SIU). Who wants to take that resume to the post-season? Again, let a team from a supposed "lesser" conference get a second-bid. Maybe they have won most all of their conference games.

--- End quote ---

Look, I know we have our issues, but at the end of the day we are still better than most of the top 24 teams that will get into the playoffs.  Bottom line is that there is not equity in the FCS when it comes to playoffs.  We will curb stomp every team in the first round.

--- End quote ---

Exactly... the MVFC has proven and over and over again that it’s the best conference in football, being the 4th or 5th best is nothing to be ashamed of. Obviously we aim for higher standards but I just don’t understand why IAA thinks we’re so unworthy that he doesn’t want a playoff bid if we lose to NDSU and then win out. The non scholarship pioneer league gets an auto-bid... are they any more deserving than the 4th or 5th best MVFC team?

IAA Fan:
Every team accept the 5 that would have already beaten us (although SIU will not make it, so maybe 4).  Maybe several of the teams from the CAA & this year's Big Sky. The NCAA has to establish equal conference representation to the play-off; otherwise teams in current disadvantaged conferences will stay that way. If you are a recruit from S. Carolina, you should not have to play in New England, the Midwest, or the plain states. It defeats the reason that I-AA/FCS was created in the first place. That recruit needs to know that teams from the SoCon or Big South are good options, because the chances of making it to the post-season are just the same as anywhere else in the nation.

Look at IA/FBS ball when the SEC was so dominant. A complete "snooze fest". I still cannot watch it.

Penquin68:
Hope we play a good game Saturday.  If we loose, let it be because they beat us, not that we had breakdowns that give them easy scores.

I see a few possibilities. One is that we play them well and stay in the game till the end and win or loose based on the 4th quarter.  The next I fear which is things fall apart and we loose big.  Need to block their D End to protect Mays.  That killed us in a few games and will again if we don't do something different.  Also would like to see Chapman more at running back.  His size and speed are good and could wear down a defense.  I know Joe has been good and has more quickness and speed, but spell him with number 3.  If we can run the ball a bit we will be able to throw.  If not a long day.  We can't have obvious running or passing situations; we are not good enough for success when they know what is coming.  And I think on D we need to substitute more to keep guys fresh for the 4th quarter.  Our depth is questionable for sure, but we have tried so many players on the back end that they all have playing time.  Also the D line needs substitutes for the same reason.

Lets hope for a big win!

penguinpower:
You think the "back end" "coach" may be part if the reason why we have to try so many people back there?  I do.  In fact we have regressed there.  It is a testament to his knowledge and ability to both recruit and coach.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version