YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Fire D'Alesio

<< < (5/7) > >>

The YO Show:
Did you hear pelini in his press conference state the freshman class this year was his best recruiting class and he will be looking to play some this year now in the last games?

go guins:

--- Quote from: The YO Show on November 13, 2019, 09:05:15 PM ---Did you hear pelini in his press conference state the freshman class this year was his best recruiting class and he will be looking to play some this year now in the last games?

--- End quote ---
yes I did.  Waid makes the class clearly above average right out of the box.  Several DB's should greatly improve defense with some PT.  HOWEVER, this team is playing FAR below potential and it has to do with leadership and discipline.   You look to the coaching staff and usually the QB for direction and consistency and although I am NOT a fan of Mays as a QB, he is unquestionably tough and I refuse to dump on him for this mess.  To me the lack of consistent play falls on the staff and I think 100% may be the correct number to replace.  HOWEVER we are not about to do that, so I'm not sure where you go.  Certainly you move Carl to D and get Waid an spread offense OC and see where we go from there.

goodnews:
Nothing against Waid but his other offer was Fordham.  If he becomes a productive QB time will tell.  I thk Pelini is full of s**t.  A few years ago was probably better based on stars as we got several high rated defensive guys from western PA and the kid from Minnesota.  Smoke n mirrors by Pelini.

YSUFANSINCE1990:
 The program will not move forward until Pelini is gone.  Have you looked at the other teams rosters?  They are all young!   North Dakota State and Northern Iowa have the least amount of senior starters in the conference.  North Dakota State, UNI, and South Dakota State have stud redshirt freshman quarterbacks.

Pelini's talent is below average, that is one him and his lack of recruiting players good enough to complete in this conference.

Wick250:
I turned off the South Dakota game in the third quarter.  I'm assuming Waid did not play.  Correct?  That would give him one more free game.  Play Craycraft against Indiana State and give Waid the entire game against Illinois State on the final week.  Let's get a glimpse of him against a good team that needs to win to advance to the playoffs.  Right now nobody really knows what this kid can do. 

Any other freshman who has not yet seen the field but is being counted on heavily by the coaches for the future should start the last two games.  What is the worst that can happen?  Give up 56 points and get crushed?  Par for the course.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version