YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Fire Pelini

<< < (12/33) > >>

YSUGO:
The program is a mess. Penguinpower is correct.  We are trying to run a program on a dollar general budget.  Hell. Monty might be making more as the OC wherever he is at than Pelini.  The stadium is UTD.  The dollar general press box add on did little to add money to the program.  Look at James Madison’s stadium look at others they needed to
Add Club boxes to buy booze.  Etc.  We are so way over our heads in this conference with the top teams it’s scarey.  Sorry typing this while traveling. 

ytownchief22:
We are who we are. An average to maybe above average FCS program besides one year where everything aligned with Wolf's good recruiting and Bo's transfers. This team will never get back to what it was in the 90's and people need to realize that. Bo is just buying time until he gets his big time D1 D-Coordinator job or back to the NFL as an assistant coach.

gbs20:
Wont claim to be inside....but here are some questions, not to answer,  but should be asked by those in charge...

1. Is it a reasonable goal for YSU football to be in the top 4 of the MVFC, be a regular participant in the playoffs, and to occassionally make a deep playoff run?

2. If yes, is YSU achieving that goal?

3. If no, what is preventing YSU from achieving that goal?

4. If no, can the factors preventing YSU from achieving that goal be fixed?

5. If no to #4, should YSU either accept where it is in FCS or drop down to D2?

Wick250:
We are all disgusted, and with good reason.  But let's look at this dilemma rationally.  A few other FCS programs have newer and better stadiums, but does anybody else have the facilities package that we can offer?  The stadium, the Watts, a weight room that is equal to any big time program.  The infrastructure for success is in place; the failure is entirely human.

As Penguinpower suggested, the allocation of resources here at YSU is a joke.  Hundreds of thousands squandered on unnecessary athletic administrators while coaches of the revenue programs are underpaid.  Totally unacceptable. 

To answer your questions gbs20, a fresh well-paid head coach with a well-paid staff could return this program to prominence.  But do the power-holders (president and trustees) have the will and the guts to break with the status quo?  At this point, I doubt it.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: peteonastick on October 19, 2019, 09:53:49 PM ---Been a season ticket holder since 83. Done. Will tailgate to have fun. Will not go into another game until the Mooney faction is gone. I’m done.

--- End quote ---
As I posted after the SIU game....I am done being a season ticket holder ( I have been watching YSU since 1966, my freshman year at the university.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version