18   North Carolina A&T   4-2   207   11
19   Delaware   4-3   115   24
20   UIW   5-2   113   25
21   Jacksonville St.   5-3   101   14
22   UC Davis   4-4   96   22
23   Florida A&M   6-1   86   NR
24   Central Connecticut St.   6-1   83   NR
25   Sam Houston St.   5-3   75   NR

I listed 13-25 rankings...seriously...we can't break the top 25 with these teams?  How embarrassing!  Two Ivy's ranked?  The tradition is gone.  He has to go...he is not all in!  You have to be all in in this league.  He thought he was coming into a joke conference and that he could just cruise.  Welcome to the MVFC Bo!  We have regressed.  This is real football...you can't lose on the road and have to win big games...not like Nebraska. 

gbs20:
On several threads, Strollo is taking the hit for Pelini. Im not inside, but perhaps the decision to hire and keep Pelini is above Strollo.  Tressel gets major passes. Its on him too and maybe more than Strollo.

go guins:

--- Quote from: gbs20 on October 22, 2019, 09:12:35 AM ---On several threads, Strollo is taking the hit for Pelini. Im not inside, but perhaps the decision to hire and keep Pelini is above Strollo.  Tressel gets major passes. Its on him too and maybe more than Strollo.

--- End quote ---
All I can go by is 1AA claiming that Pelini is here, and his contract extended 100% by Strollo and JT had NOTHING to do with it.  If Strollo didn't know Pelini was as ass after his first several years and before offering an extension, it's a lot on Strollo too.  Time to clean house IMO!

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: go guins on October 22, 2019, 09:58:33 AM ---
--- Quote from: gbs20 on October 22, 2019, 09:12:35 AM ---On several threads, Strollo is taking the hit for Pelini. Im not inside, but perhaps the decision to hire and keep Pelini is above Strollo.  Tressel gets major passes. Its on him too and maybe more than Strollo.

--- End quote ---
All I can go by is 1AA claiming that Pelini is here, and his contract extended 100% by Strollo and JT had NOTHING to do with it.  If Strollo didn't know Pelini was as a$$ after his first several years and before offering an extension, it's a lot on Strollo too.  Time to clean house IMO!

--- End quote ---

I fully believe that Strollo was much more involved in the coach P hiring than most think. However, as with any HC, He will have to answer up to the administration.  That is more than JT. So if we really wish to "clean house" we would be dumping a few administrators.

That being said, Strollo is not going to walk in and fire a coach that is 2.5 seasons out of a national championship appearance. I think he will ride this season out, let Bo talk directly to the fans, players and administration. Try to present his ideas to demonstrate that he is aware of any issues and how he is going to deal with them. If this fails, I expect that Strollo will do the talking the second time any any failure here will result in a resignation/termination. Strollo does owe Bo a chance to state his case.

Remember, we have 2 ranked teams remaining on our schedule, including #1. So it is possible we win out and see the play-off. Anything less and I do not wish to go. Anymore losses and we would be going to the post-season as second-string.

gbs20:
IAA Fan---reasonable answer that makes sense. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds, both short and long term.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version