YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Fire Pelini

<< < (4/33) > >>

YSUFANSINCE1990:
  The Pelini experiment is an epic failure.  Bottom line is that he has a losing conference record during his 4 plus years as head coach.  One playoff berth in what will be five years.

He is a disaster.  In all his years as a head coach how many conference titles has be won?  Zero.   His coaching staff is overwhelmed. Pelini is an arrogant bully and that kind of coach, aka Belichick and Saban win championships and get away with being that way.  Pelini has won nothing.

His days of being a head coach are over.  Yes, he can land a big time D coordinator job, coaching is the good old boys network.  Just look at his staff, all the Mooney guys.

Chief your comments that Carl Pelini will be head coach are wrong.  Yes, Strollo made that deal, not Jim Tressel.  Tressel will step in.   How insane would be in to promote the brother of the head coach who is putting the program in the tank.  What has Carl done to be a head coach?  He was a disaster at Florida Atlantic on and off the field.  Tressel and all his connections will hire the next coach.

The sad part is that Pelini likely will return next year.  Strollo doesn't have it in to fire Pelini, and who wants Pelini?

go guins:
Well, I was looking for a word and couldn't come up with anything better than "embarrassing".
That was shameful and while I'm on record as not a Mays fan, this was NOT on Nate or any player, it was on a staff that simply didn't get a team ready to play.  Since the pick six and Jones personal foul against SDSU them team has simply quit.  That is on the staff and the staff needs to go.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: go guins on October 21, 2019, 09:41:36 AM ---Well, I was looking for a word and couldn't come up with anything better than "embarrassing".
That was shameful and while I'm on record as not a Mays fan, this was NOT on Nate or any player, it was on a staff that simply didn't get a team ready to play.  Since the pick six and Jones personal foul against SDSU them team has simply quit.  That is on the staff and the staff needs to go.

--- End quote ---
i am also not a Mays fan. It is not that I don't him as player. He just does not have the talent to be premium QB at our level. He has heart but we need hi to have arm also.
I personally do not think Tressel will be around YSU when Pelini's contract is up. #8 could not play or read the offense in his playing days. He is now coaching DB's.......that is the reason why #7 is still starting (he plays just like the coach (#8)....lost

Kandrase:

--- Quote from: Double ET on October 21, 2019, 11:01:59 AM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on October 21, 2019, 09:41:36 AM ---Well, I was looking for a word and couldn't come up with anything better than "embarrassing".

--- End quote ---
i am also not a Mays fan. It is not that I don't him as player. He just does not have the talent to be premium QB at our level. He has heart but we need hi to have arm also.
I personally do not think Tressel will be around YSU when Pelini's contract is up. #8 could not play or read the offense in his playing days. He is now coaching DB's.......that is the reason why #7 is still starting (he plays just like the coach (#8)....lost

--- End quote ---

The way our oline is pass blocking, it wouldn’t matter if we had Aaron Rodgers as QB ... still needs time to throw

YSU1:
I am not happy with the direction the football program is headed.  We basically are now similar to Kent State and Akron but on the FCS level.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version