YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Fire Pelini

<< < (23/33) > >>

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: go guins on November 15, 2019, 08:58:08 AM ---
--- Quote from: penguinpower on November 14, 2019, 05:37:16 PM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on November 14, 2019, 04:42:40 PM ---I'm reading some of these posts and am just incredulous!   Somebody thinks we are starting Men's swimming to attract 45 men as students who wouldn't have otherwise attend?  I read this twice to be sure I was reading correctly.  The cost of Men's Swimming will be hundreds of times more that any tuition paid by the new students.  This is so outlandish as to make me thing is is joke.
Now I am reading about the Iowa high school wrestlers going to Iowa to play football and that is why there OL is better than ours, because we don't have enough wrestlers?  Seriously?  I know, we'll fire Bo Pelini and hire Randy Orton or maybe even Stone Cold Steve Austin as our new HC!!!  The mentality of a wrestler and a football player are reasonably close and I'm NOT suggesting we stay away from wrestlers being recruited as football players.  Several very good NFL players have wrestling backgrounds.  But the stars of Iowa aren't coming to YSU and we don't have great wrestling programs around us to recruit from, this is just so much wasted key strokes.  The heart of the problem is the name of the thread, please re-read:  Fire Pelini

--- End quote ---

The best wrestling schools have the best football teams and it is not a coincidence

--- End quote ---
That's why Lehigh is in the to 10 nationally and NOT A SINGLE SEC school is in the top 25?  I love blanket statements that clearly aren't supported by fact.

--- End quote ---

You must be a liberal because you have to parse words to support your narrative. Lehigh is not high level football and should not be counted. It is a general statement that is accurate but not precise meaning that it obviously doesn't apply to all schools but there are more schools with that have elite football programs and good wrestling programs. I don't know if this is because of the strength coaches or athlete make-up but this is a well known thing that I am pointing out and there are some people on here that know this. Read this fact checker.

https://www.lenconnect.com/sports/20170130/is-there-link-between-countys-football-and-wrestling-success

peteonastick:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on November 16, 2019, 06:50:26 AM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on November 14, 2019, 04:42:40 PM ---I'm reading some of these posts and am just incredulous!   Somebody thinks we are starting Men's swimming to attract 45 men as students who wouldn't have otherwise attend?  I read this twice to be sure I was reading correctly.  The cost of Men's Swimming will be hundreds of times more that any tuition paid by the new students.  This is so outlandish as to make me thing is is joke.
Now I am reading about the Iowa high school wrestlers going to Iowa to play football and that is why there OL is better than ours, because we don't have enough wrestlers?  Seriously?  I know, we'll fire Bo Pelini and hire Randy Orton or maybe even Stone Cold Steve Austin as our new HC!!!  The mentality of a wrestler and a football player are reasonably close and I'm NOT suggesting we stay away from wrestlers being recruited as football players.  Several very good NFL players have wrestling backgrounds.  But the stars of Iowa aren't coming to YSU and we don't have great wrestling programs around us to recruit from, this is just so much wasted key strokes.  The heart of the problem is the name of the thread, please re-read:  Fire Pelini

--- End quote ---

The best wrestling schools have the best football teams and it is not a coincidence

--- End quote ---
That's why Lehigh is in the to 10 nationally and NOT A SINGLE SEC school is in the top 25?  I love blanket statements that clearly aren't supported by fact.

--- End quote ---

You must be a liberal because you have to parse words to support your narrative. Lehigh is not high level football and should not be counted. It is a general statement that is accurate but not precise meaning that it obviously doesn't apply to all schools but there are more schools with that have elite football programs and good wrestling programs. I don't know if this is because of the strength coaches or athlete make-up but this is a well known thing that I am pointing out and there are some people on here that know this. Read this fact checker.

https://www.lenconnect.com/sports/20170130/is-there-link-between-countys-football-and-wrestling-success

--- End quote ---

WHAT???  All I am saying is our recruiting sucks because our coaches don't know how to recruit tough, hard nosed kids.  And the way to get those kids is find ones that are multi sport athletes that make them winners, not the losers we have out there on the field right now.  Again...you missed the point and make assumptions about my political stance...WTF???  You are weird...

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: peteonastick on November 16, 2019, 08:14:47 AM ---
--- Quote from: penguinpower on November 16, 2019, 06:50:26 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

WHAT???  All I am saying is our recruiting sucks because our coaches don't know how to recruit tough, hard nosed kids.  And the way to get those kids is find ones that are multi sport athletes that make them winners, not the losers we have out there on the field right now.  Again...you missed the point and make assumptions about my political stance...WTF???  You are weird...

--- End quote ---

Peteonastick, this was not directed at you.

ytownchief22:
Cough cough

peteonastick:
Bo must go!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version