YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

SIU Week

<< < (10/11) > >>

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: Kandrase on October 19, 2019, 11:04:46 PM ---
--- Quote from: peteonastick on October 19, 2019, 10:05:40 PM ---
--- Quote from: Kandrase on October 19, 2019, 06:34:51 PM ---Well, luckily this wasn’t a true must-win unlike what some of you have claimed. This team needs to beat every team except NDSU and they are in the playoffs.

HOWEVER. That looks like an extremely tall task for this squad

--- End quote ---

What??   You are out of touch! This was a must win. You must have gone to Mooney.

--- End quote ---

Definitely did not go to Mooney lol. Anyway i meant it’s not a true “must-win” by the literal definition.

We need to win 4 more games to make the playoffs and we have 5 left, 1 of them is pretty much a guaranteed “L” so id say the next game is our first true “must win”

--- End quote ---

You can't get into the playoffs without a marquee win and bad losses.

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: Kandrase on October 19, 2019, 06:34:51 PM ---Well, luckily this wasn’t a true must-win unlike what some of you have claimed. This team needs to beat every team except NDSU and they are in the playoffs.

HOWEVER. That looks like an extremely tall task for this squad

--- End quote ---

This is why 24-teams in the play-off is too many. 16 is perfect. If you must have 24, then you must define all teams that get in, as they do in D-II. By this, I mean the top-2 or 3 teams in each eligible conference. We do not qualify, nor should we be in unless we win every remaining game ...especially NDSU.

The YO Show:
I mean honestly don't know why we are even arguing whether we will make the playoffs. We all know right now we arent worthy of it. Besides that, in order to make it, we would actually need to win a game in conference which I don't see.

Kandrase:

--- Quote from: The YO Show on October 20, 2019, 01:53:50 PM ---I mean honestly don't know why we are even arguing whether we will make the playoffs. We all know right now we arent worthy of it. Besides that, in order to make it, we would actually need to win a game in conference which I don't see.

--- End quote ---

You’re right.  I guess I just felt like I needed to inject some hope to these boards since we don’t have a ton to get excited about.

I still honestly think this team has potential to turn things around but I don’t know what they need to do to start that process.

go guins:

--- Quote from: The YO Show on October 20, 2019, 01:53:50 PM ---I mean honestly don't know why we are even arguing whether we will make the playoffs. We all know right now we arent worthy of it. Besides that, in order to make it, we would actually need to win a game in conference which I don't see.

--- End quote ---
Maybe 1 or 2, but that certainly won't get it done and I agree, we don't deserve it anyway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version