YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Attendance reality

<< < (2/8) > >>

go guins:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on October 15, 2019, 06:25:29 AM ---The two new loges (from the media moving across the field) sold in advance and the line is still long for more.

--- End quote ---
Perhaps we screwed up not building loges to the end of East stands extending the Don C Multimedia Center from end to end?  Would have been MUCH easier to do as one project than starting a second one later?

guinpen:

--- Quote from: go guins on October 14, 2019, 09:04:29 AM ---For the record:
Howard 12,380
SDSU    12,381

--- End quote ---

Point made that it is not about who we are playing. There is a core group of YSU fans and others that it is not that important to. Just the way it is.

The YO Show:
Guinpen, I suppose that is a valid point. But, as a core fan, I still prefer games against opponents like SDSU.
On another note, had we beaten UNI the week prior, I believe attendance would have been better.

goodnews:
I think its safe to say diehard fans of yesterday are gone and not just at YSU.  People want an experience not just a chairback seat.  Food and social environment.  The game is merely an after thgt.  Thats why I think a beer garden and patio area that overlooks the field is the way to go.  Between the the east stands and beeghly. 

go guins:

--- Quote from: goodnews on October 16, 2019, 12:04:02 AM ---I think its safe to say diehard fans of yesterday are gone and not just at YSU.  People want an experience not just a chairback seat.  Food and social environment.  The game is merely an after thgt.  Thats why I think a beer garden and patio area that overlooks the field is the way to go.  Between the the east stands and beeghly.

--- End quote ---
I think that sounds like an interesting idea.  "The Corner" is VERY successful for the Indians, and worth trying.  Club seating with food service facilities is another idea many, including JMU, have tried with GREAT success.  One thing for sure, if you aren't moving forward, you are moving backward!  I think the DCMC is a great addition, but with -0- fan benefits.  We most often vote based on the economy, and I am strongly considering voting "NO" on the Penguin Club next year.  I can buy a portable seat back for about $20 vs. several HUNDRED dollars. I can afford the seating, but want to register a "no" vote to being ignored.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version