YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Attendance reality

<< < (8/8)

IAA Fan:
I have not missed more than one game in the past decade or 2, so I hope to beat this one as well.

That being said I have yet to see Bo's great defensive mind. Let's see ...blitz at all costs ...have some speed in the back, but no coverage or tackling skills. Just teach them to watch the eyes of your man and ignore what is going on in the play.

Kandrase:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on October 30, 2019, 03:17:04 PM ---I have not missed more than one game in the past decade or 2, so I hope to beat this one as well.

That being said I have yet to see Bo's great defensive mind. Let's see ...blitz at all costs ...have some speed in the back, but no coverage or tackling skills. Just teach them to watch the eyes of your man and ignore what is going on in the play.

--- End quote ---

I have to agree with you IAA, I don’t understand how with both Bo and Carl on the sideline we don’t have a more fundamentally sound. It’s bizarre.

guinpen:
More proof that the teams on the schedule is not the reason for our attendance being what it is. I think that part of the issue is that many folks, myself one, simply do not get excited about these far off teams.

IAA Fan:
I have to agree with you Guinpen. I think that this is our media's fault. Let's be honest; we have been in the Gateway/MVFC for over 20 years now. Every fan should know all of the teams in our conference and the news should be reporting their scores and such. This is not to say that some local opponents may not capture more interest, but I think that we will be discussing our disappointment next year after the Akron game, as there will not be the number of YSU fans in attendance as many people on the board are thinking. We will never drop to D2, nor will it ever be a serious discussion. We are a DI school in all sports. We are in a great football conference and good non-football conference.

I will make sure that we have all of the tailgate information well in advance and let's hope the local media does the same.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version